Community discussions

MikroTik App

Erkeric
just joined
Topic Author

RB4011 and cAP AC help

Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:54 am

I've got the RB4011iGS+RM and RBcAPGi-5acD2nD-US and I need some help figuring out how to set up the AP. Don't be afraid to tell it to me like I'm 12, I'm pretty new at this kind of configuration.

First problem is using winbox to configure the AP. I've got ether1 connected to my modem, ether2 connected to my PC, and ether3 connected to the AP. From my PC, I cant connect to the AP; it doesn't show in the neighbors list. My understanding is I need to bridge my LAN ports so I have a layer 2 connection between my PC and the AP before I can see it? My confusion is under the default settings on the router ports 2 through 10 are already bridged. I tried following a guide to bridge the ports and when I created a new bridge and bridged ports 2 and 3, my pc and the AP, I was disconnected from the internet and kicked out of winbox for the router and couldn't access it again.

Second problem is I wired my PC to port 2 on the cAP AC so I could log in and configure it. I had the CAPsMAN set up, as far as I know from following the guide on the WIKI page, on the router already. I set up the AP and put it into CAP mode. It greyed out one of the wlan and said Managed by CAPsMAN. the wlan2 was still colored and when I connected back to the router, it didnt say anything about an AP being connected and the wifi networks were still default when I checked on my phone.

Again, dont be afraid to tell it to my like Im 12, it would actually really help. I dont mind restarting from default settings on both if it is easier.