Community discussions

MikroTik App

jbtrix
just joined
Topic Author

can you help me in setting up a similar mesh wireless network in Mikrotik equipment

Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:00 pm

I'm just curious about networks. I have a home network with the following configuration:
I receive from my ISP, which is actually the company I work for, ionternet by Optical Fiber and the end equipment is connected in Router mode, providing me with 01 working link (port 04) and 01 private link on ports 01, 02 and 03.
I configured a DMZ with IP 192.168.1.251 on the ISP's modem for this direct via Network cable to my equipment, which are:
- a Mikrotik hAP AC RB962UiGS-5HacT2HnT connected as a Router receiving on Ether1 the cable from my ISP with IP 192.168.1.251, so I distribute my network through the house through Ether2 with two Vlans (one for work and one private). In it I have also activated the Wlan1(2.4Ghz) and Wlan2(5.8Ghz) repeating only the Vlan which is private
- I have a second Mikrotik Audience that is positioned on the second floor, it is interconnected by Cable that comes from Ether2 from hAP AC and enters Ether1 from Audience. In it I have activated Wlan1(2.4Ghz) and Wlan3(5.8Ghz) repeating only the Vlan that is private
- I have a third Mikrotik hAP AC Lite TC RB952Ui-5ac2nD-TC, in this I receive via cable on Ether1, the Ether 2, 3 and 4 disbribuo the Network of my work (Vlan20) by Ether5. This Router is disabled Wifi

I've also used all this by activating Capsman on Wifi Interfaces. But since then I've been testing the wifi speed so I decided to do a test by disabling Capsman and installing the Wifi interfaces in AP Bridge Mode, actually I'm not sure if this is right. My goal is to try and get closer to a Mesh network, such as those disclosed in the new equipment such as TPLink Mesh Deco M5. Reading for some time about the Mikrotik, I know that they do not have 802.11 K, V, R, nor Wave2 and other technologies that manufacturers like Tplink disclose to der in their newest Mesh Routers.

I ask please, can you help me in setting up a similar mesh wireless network in Mikrotik equipment that I have installed in my home?

Thanks

jbtrix
just joined
Topic Author

Re: can you help me in setting up a similar mesh wireless network in Mikrotik equipment

Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:50 pm

I believe my doubt is not that relevant.
Even so, I thank everyone, because reading several posts I ended up learning a lot in various subjects related to Mikrotik.

I would like to report here an experience I had installing Version V7.1beta6 on my Mikrotik Audience. It had a significant improvement, I have a Dell Notebook that I added the Intel AX-200 Wireless card, now I can connect to Wifi 5.8G at 160Mhz, even being in a distant environment about 4.5 meters away and after 02 walls, I can a very stable speed around 160Mbps Download per 80Mbps Upload, which is great because my ISP gives me 200Mbps Download per 100Mbps Upload.
The Audience configuration on Wlan3 is basic with, Ap-Bridge add band=5ghz-ac channel-width=20/40/80/160mhz configuration.country=Brazil and Frequency 5500/xxxxxxxx Only AC

I also did a test with Iperf on the internal network, on the Ethernet Lan port of the hAP AC which is configured as the main Router, for the Notebook equipped with Intel AX200 connected via Wifi to Audience, and it gave an average transmission speed of 310Mbps.

As I'm just curious, I found the result very good when it comes to Wifi.