Community discussions

MikroTik App

cary67
just joined
Topic Author

outgoing traffic timing out

Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:20 am

Hi, apologies if this has been covered already. I have a new CCR1036-8G-2s+ router. I am new to RouterOS but not new to networking. I'm trying to set up the router to connect a business cable internet modem to an HP switch. I got the initial configuration and have successfully set up NAT to forward HTTP traffic to hosts on the HP switch but had trouble getting those hosts to originate calls themselves (e.g. I could reach my website (running on the HP switch) from the Internet but was unable to update said host from the command line using "apt update.") CUrl calls fail similarly. Seemed like everything times out. We did not have this issue with the existing router, but it is a consumer/gaming router. I think there is perhaps some default route issue? All the hosts on the HP switch have static ip addresses and point back to the CCR1036 for their default gateway. I realize that this issue may and probably does lie within the HP switch, but any help (or even guesses) such as "your hosts on the HP switch can't find their way out because you didn't do x" is greatly appreciated!

ConnyMercier
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: outgoing traffic timing out

Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:45 pm

Can you send an Export hide-sensitive from your router ?