Community discussions

MikroTik App

Gvasi
just joined
Topic Author

No internet access when I don't use a switch

Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:21 am

Hello guys....I need ur help I have search everywhere but can't find a solution...I live in an apartment that shares internet with other apartments using mikrotik....and every apartment have his own router that is connected to mikrotik.... anyway when I moved in I had some issues with the router in my apartment so I decided to connect my pc directly to the wall ethernet and everything was good.... suddenly I had no internet access in my pc but I had on my PS4 if I connected to the ethernet after awhile even the ps4 couldn't connect to internet.... and the only way to have internet is to connect the router (switch) to the wall and in the router the pc PS4 etc...my problem now is that the router completed died and no matter what router we use or if we put a device on the wall we don't have internet....my uncle gave me the admin and password codes and we try to fix it....mikrotik uses 192.168.100.1 the switches using 192.168.88.1
And my ethernet in my house is at local master 6
Plzz help me....all I want is to be able to connect my devices to ethernet on the wall and play without the router

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: No internet access when I don't use a switch

Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:15 pm

Talk to the apartment IT staff/owner its a building issue.