Community discussions

MikroTik App

nikant
just joined
Topic Author

It's another "pcq limit total limit"

Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:57 pm

Sorry about this.. yes it's another "pcq limit total limit" question

While I don't want to become a RouterOS expert and I won't this is a simple question for anyone that can help

Line to divide:
down 50Mbps
up 5.5 Mbps

Users (coming from two APs connected to a the Mikrotik): maximum expected = 60

are those values for pcq_limit and total_limit terribly wrong?
Down
down.png
Up
up.png

Should we go to the default 50/2000 ??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jonah1810
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: It's another "pcq limit total limit"

Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:29 pm

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=w ... Gf8w1OsIG5

is great reading on pcq queue and queue trees.

nikant
just joined
Topic Author

Re: It's another "pcq limit total limit"

Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:15 pm

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=w ... Gf8w1OsIG5

is great reading on pcq queue and queue trees.
@jonah1810: thank you for the time taking to answer to me. I know that you are an old member and a guru around here. I am not. I am an end user of a Mikrotik router that wants to do a one off setting. Hence "I do not want to learn to fish at this moment". To explain that I repeat that I am not a tech setting up networks asking for help that understandably I should start reading.

Yet I have seen this answer about megis presentation over and over again. Well.. I guess if that helped people would have stopped asking :)

Now since it seems I won't get an answer and what I write in this post probably will make a lot of people mad the overlords of the forum can lock this post and maybe ban me too :)

(Remember the above when you ask a professor of Physics to simply tell you what the theory of relativity is -heck even Einstein published his first copy in non-physics language for the simpletons- and they point you to the nearest library)