Community discussions

MikroTik App

dermawas
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

RB750GR3 support this kind of connection ?

Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:40 am

Hi All,
Newbie to mikrotik here.

I would like to get your feedback on the following design:
Design 0.1.PNG
can RB750gr3 setup the ssid for WLAN router / AP? or should i set the ssid in the WiFi Router and treat RB750gr3 as WAN/internet gateway?
will RB750gr3 as DHCP server will be able to assigned IP to all the wifi AP client ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: RB750GR3 support this kind of connection ?

Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:47 pm

1) You have forget to write what are al the others devices model.

a) can RB750gr3 setup the ssid for WLAN router / AP?
b) or should i set the ssid in the WiFi Router and treat RB750gr3 as WAN/internet gateway?
a) NO, see point 1)
b) Yes, but still see point 1)

will RB750gr3 as DHCP server will be able to assigned IP to all the wifi AP client ?
NO, if you put a ROUTER between the 3 AP and the RB750gr3, but still again see point 1)

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:56 pm

As long as you use all wifi routers ONLY as accesspoint/switches, the Hex can provide DHCP services for all users.
As noted, its important to know if the wifi devices are vlan capable otherwise there is no way to use them for more than one subnet and one SSID, unless each is attached to a different port on the router. If that is not possible (and clearly you dont have enough ports) then suggest you replace the first wifi router with a smart switch and then run all four wifi devices as AccessPoint/swtiches off the smart switch. This will mean you can have 4 different SSIDSs WLANS for the most part.

dermawas
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:24 am

Thanks for the advice.
i've configured the to be connection as in this link.
but i haven't gotten pass getiing the router in wired to works. please find the thread viewtopic.php?f=13&t=176922&p=867847#p867847

if i connect my PC to replace my router, i am able to connect to internet just fine.
As long as you use all wifi routers ONLY as accesspoint/switches, the Hex can provide DHCP services for all users.
As noted, its important to know if the wifi devices are vlan capable otherwise there is no way to use them for more than one subnet and one SSID, unless each is attached to a different port on the router. If that is not possible (and clearly you dont have enough ports) then suggest you replace the first wifi router with a smart switch and then run all four wifi devices as AccessPoint/swtiches off the smart switch. This will mean you can have 4 different SSIDSs WLANS for the most part.