MikroTik App

kwjennings
just joined
Topic Author

checkout for optimization

Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:11 pm

Hi Gang.

I am a relative newbie to Mikro Tik

I have a 4011 running CapsMan managing 2 cAPs at this moment. The two cAPs are at opposite ends of my home and they are each connected to the 4011 by their own cat 6A cables. There are a number of other devices on the network. Most are connect thru Cat 6A cable. Both the router and cAPs are running OS 6.48.3 (the latest General relase version I think)

Are there things that I can do to improve or optimise the overall throughput both on the ethernet side and the CapsMan side. While I have some very small concerns about security, what I really want to do is make this router and the attached network as fast a reasonably possible.

What tools or services are available to automnatcally or manual optimize my network?

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: checkout for optimization

Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:17 pm

In networking world in general there are no tools which automatically optimize everything to achieve superb throughput.

So manual optimization is what remains. ROS offers quite some tools for observability, one can use specialized probes and tools for analyzing the traffic patterns and possible problems, but it's up to network admin to understand the state and make appropriate changes.

And then there are Mikrotik certified consultants which can do the job for you - seemingly automatically ;-)