Community discussions

MikroTik App

SpeedyBanana
just joined
Topic Author

ProtonVPN w/ MacOS Setup on Hex S

Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:40 am

Hello,

So I am having trouble setting up the Hex S on Mac OS. First, I am not able to download any software considering the Mac OS. I have downloaded the latest version of Wine but it wants me to also download XQuartz. Is there an easier/slimmer option to get a desktop app or desktop access to RouterOS or similar software to manage the router without a web address on Mac considering how much disk space both of these take?

Second, I ask this because my setup currently goes ethernet modem>hex s>mac. So I am able to use the first two ethernet ports on the Hex S to connect to the modem and mac. I then am able to access routerOS on web and login. But as soon as I successfully setup the router as the manual recommends and exit out of the browser, I attempt to connect to ProtonVPN with no luck. When I just used the modem to mac I have no problem using the VPN. What could be the issue here? I am curious if the bridge that the router automatically sets up is interfering with the VPN's communication to the modem. I also notice the modem has a different router ip address than the router and it's possible Proton is attempting to go from the modem's router ip address. But these are just my best guess.

If you need additional information as far as my settings or such, just let me know.

Thanks!

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: ProtonVPN w/ MacOS Setup on Hex S

Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:47 pm

This is an automated reply from Google.
It has come to our attention that you are using apple products.
Please cease and desist otherwise the Google police will visit your home.
Google will buy your ISP and then only support Google products including Google modem , Google Router, Google AP, Google toothbrush, Google fridge, Google vibrator etc.....
Welcome to the Borg.

Hmm I have not seen to many posts for a. proton vpn and/or mac os.
Suffice to say this is a decent link for VPN setup in general with third party VPNs.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=169273&p=850595&#p829817

Will need to see your config for obvious issues.
/export hide-sensitive file=anynameyouwish

erkexzcx
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: ProtonVPN w/ MacOS Setup on Hex S

Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:50 am

Suffice to say this is a decent link
Thaaanks! :D