Community discussions

MikroTik App

Machello
Topic Author

VPN not working on Passthrough Fixed-LTE connection

Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:34 pm

I have 2 routers, a RB4011iGS+5HacQ2HnD (International Version) that controls the entire network and controls the NAT on a LTE passthrough connection coming from a RBSXTR (SXT LTE6 International Version). VPN and remote access for Winbox is not working and it might be because there is firewall or NAT running on my service provider as well. I am trying to figure that out. Any one got an idea if I configured something wrong?

The Main Router:
Main_Router.rsc
The LTE Connection connected to ether one wan port on Main Router, Passthrough LTE:
LTEPassthrough.rsc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Machello on Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: VPN not working on Passthrough Fixed-LTE connection

Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:50 pm

Ask NEOTEL / Liquid Telecom if block that services.
Also the provider page do not work as expected and have ssl certificate expired...
https://www.neotel.co.za

Machello
Topic Author

Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:52 pm

Well that is going to suck. I am trying to configure My Cloud devices for remote access on my networks.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:51 pm

If your provider give private Ip than a public ip, you must ask the provider for open vpn,
is impossbile to open from remote to local if double nat is present, without ask the provider

Machello
Topic Author

Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:03 pm

So I got informed that Cell C's default APN is a restricted APN. I requested and Unrestricted APN via an application form on their site. If they accept it all data will bypass the public firewall and NAT on their side. This is 4G Fixed-LTE network so I should prepare myself for a world of pain when it comes to setting up VPN services to be remotely accessed on my private network from the public internet.

Machello
Topic Author

Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:17 pm

Hey rextended... I sense I might just hire you to configure my network remotely when the Unrestricted APN gets approved. The My Cloud devices is easy enough to set up. I am also running PTP Bridge AP/CPE on it on ether3. And I am also considering attaching my Hikvision with 6 IP cameras on the network as well for remote access via the internet :)

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:56 pm

Sorry, but I do not do that.
If you want help ask on forum,
is full of users also with more knowledge than me.