Community discussions

MikroTik App

vinu
Topic Author

Load Balance ECMP 2WAN VPN ISSUE

Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:01 pm

Hi,
iam in a situation where i have 2 WANS
1)pppoe - public ip 150Mbps -ether1(isp1)
2)dhcp/static private ip from a fibre modem which have a gateway of 192.168.1.1 300Mbps - ether2(isp2)
3)LAN just a single subnet 192.168.77.0/24 -ether3
Running L2TP VPN server via public ip(pppoe)
i want to use both connections simultaneously used ECMP i marked connection and routes both input and output in mangle and

added respective routing marks in IP-Routes added a ECMP ratio of ISP1:ISP2:ISP2 in reachable gateway area from lan it uses second isp for internet but i cant ping my public ip from isp 1from outside
but when i add a ECMP ratio of ISP1:ISP1:ISP2 then from lan it uses isp 1 and i can able to ping my public ip from outside

so in this scenario when i connect vpn via isp1 from outside vpn is getting connected but no access to internet and i cant ping 192.168.77.0 subnet and iam lossing access to my public ip(checked ping via mobile) its not pinging

then after disconnecting vpn everything backs to normal and iam able to winbox and public ip is pinging
Followed this video exactly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFxDVcT ... itraweb%29

is there way to utilize both connection simultaneously in LAN side and use its full potential with simple failover protection between one and another ISP's but need to use VPN via ISP 1 when it is up