Community discussions

MikroTik App

avs009
just joined
Topic Author

No IPv6 Traffic from PPPOE Client Interface

Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:04 am

Hello everyone, new user (and routerboard hEX owner) here.

I am with trouble using IPv6 from PPPoE Client, no packets are received from PPPoE interface according to Packet Sniffer.

My ISP only provides IPv4 + IPv6 SLAAC without DHCPv6.

Already tested with Linux and Acess Point (TP-Link C6 and Mercusys AC12G) as Router Mode with PPPoE Client and both work with IPv4 and IPv6.
When tested using ping to address ff02::1 my router and BRAS from ISP answer, but this behavior does not occur with MK.

According to the packet sniffer, I only can see packets from MK to PPPoE, nothing else. So it's possible to obtain some IPv6 address and/or prefix from ISP with SLAAC in MK?
/ppp profile> print detail
Flags: * - default 
 0 * name="default" bridge-learning=default use-ipv6=yes use-mpls=default use-compression=default use-encryption=default only-one=default change-tcp-mss=yes use-upnp=yes address-list="" on-up="" on-down="" 

1 * name="default-encryption" bridge-learning=default use-ipv6=yes use-mpls=default use-compression=default use-encryption=yes only-one=default change-tcp-mss=yes use-upnp=default address-list="" on-up="" on-down=""

/ppp profile
set *0 use-upnp=yes
/interface pppoe-client
add disabled=no interface=ether1.wan-newoeste max-mru=1492 max-mtu=1492 name=pppoe-out1 password=xxx user=xxx
/ipv6 dhcp-client
add add-default-route=yes interface=pppoe-out1 pool-name=ipv6-newoeste pool-prefix-length=56 request=address,prefix use-peer-dns=no
/ipv6 firewall mangle
add action=change-mss chain=forward new-mss=clamp-to-pmtu out-interface=pppoe-out1 passthrough=yes protocol=tcp tcp-flags=syn
/ipv6 nd
set [ find default=yes ] interface=bridgeLAN ra-interval=1m-3m
/ipv6 nd prefix default
set preferred-lifetime=2d valid-lifetime=2d
/ipv6 settings
set accept-router-advertisements=yes

EDIT:

I found the problem using packet sniffer with Wireshark on start PPPoE session, it's related to delegated local link address for PPPoE interface.

When Mikrotik send PPP IPV6CP with his Interface Identifier, the value sent is not a valid mac address useful for EUI-48 generation.

I will be able to reproduce the same behavior with Linux and PPPoE client setting option ipv6 as follow:
'ipv6 "00:00:00:00:00:00:00:09"'

With this value works:
'+ipv6 ipv6cp-use-ipaddr'

At the moment, there's no workaround for this bug.

avs009
just joined
Topic Author

Re: No IPv6 Traffic from PPPOE Client Interface

Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:18 am

Hi Again,

Sorry for the double post, but any admin or dev can review my ticket (https://help.mikrotik.com/servicedesk/s ... /SUP-56976) with the reported bug?