Community discussions

MikroTik App

andras
just joined
Topic Author

Cannot ping static IP address

Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:45 pm

Hi,

I am new to Router OS, and I need your guidance on how to configure a MikroTik Router (using Winbox) to connect PC with a dynamic address to an iot device configured with a static ip. I have an esp32 iot device which received its static IP (192.168.0.250) via the arduino bootstrapper so the gateway could not be provided. It is connected to the network via the wlan2 interface.

I would like to ping this device from my PC connected to the ether3 LAN interface. It has the 192.168.0.55 IP assigned by the DHCP server and it was made static.
wlan2 and ether3 are both under the same bridge. I have a dhcp address pool configured to 192.168.0.2-192.168.0.249 in order to avoid collisions. The dhcp with the address pool is configured to the LAN bridge.

In my understanding the PC should be able to see the esp32 since they are in the same subnet. What am I missing?

Thank you for your help, much appreciated.
Andras

ConnyMercier
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Cannot ping static IP address

Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:29 am

Guten Morning Andras,

A lot of critical Information (incl. RouterOS-Config) ist missing to pinpoint the exact problem.
If your are Learning and in a LAB-Environment, i would just Reset the Router-OS Configuration (No Backup & no Default Configuration)
Just to make sure, you dont habe any misconfiguration, and Try again

Step 1: Create a Bridge -->> /interface/bridge/add name=bridge1
Step 2: Add Interfaces to Bridge Ports -->> /interface/bridge/port/add interface=ether3 bridge=bridge1 && /interface/bridge/port/add interface=wlan2 bridge=bridge1
Step 3: Add IP-Address to Bridge -->> /ip/address/add address=192.168.0.1/24 interface=bridge1
Step 4: DHCP-Server via Winbox-Assistent (IP -->> DHCP Server -->> DHCP Setup)
Step 5: Configure and Activate WLAN2 and make sure you are in AP Bridge mode

It should work

Greeting from Germany and Good Luck =)