Community discussions

MikroTik App

TikoSteve
just joined
Topic Author

Initial setup -hAP ac3 and County issue.

Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:27 pm

I'm a total novice to Mikrotik, but do have a moderate level of networking experience.

I have just received a new Mikrotik hAP ac3 and have spent at lot of hours trying to get it set up correctly.

The problem seems simple enough, but I haven't been able to find a way to fix it. I have searched the forums and read a lot about TX power, but I can't see how that would be needed on an initial setup.

The problem I have is that I can't get the country to be anything except "united states3" on the wlan2 interface (5Ghz).

Even after using the "Home" phone app and using the default settings. (Which is super easy), and selecting my home country, it does not configure wlan2 (5Ghz) with the country I selected, but instead uses "united states3". It does however configure wlan1 (2.4Ghz) correctly

Also, if I try and change this in the web interface I get a message: "Couldn't change Interface <wlan2> - country not allowed (6)" This message is returned no matter which country I select.

I know I must be missing something really simple, but I just can't see it. Any help would be really appreciated.

Software version: 6.48.3
Model #: hAP ac3
p.s. I did buy this in the USA

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Initial setup -hAP ac3 and County issue.

Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:43 am

If you did buy it in the USA, you must use it in the USA. This is a region-locked device, there is no way to get around the lock.