Community discussions

MikroTik App

LoneRager
Topic Author

SXT LTE Passthrough questions

Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:28 am

So I just set my SXT LTE up in pass-through mode with the pass-through interface as ether1. However when I do this I lose all connectivity to the device itself, so for example I can’t ping from terminal, and watch dog fails every time. All my devices connected through ether1 work fine. is there any fix for this?
Secondly, I can access the device through ether2, but is there any other way I can access it through ether1? I have seen people mention using a vlan for this, but in my searching I couldn't seem to find a clear way to do this.

Thank you!

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: SXT LTE Passthrough questions

Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:51 pm

You should create a Management VLAN to access the LTE device from your Network and ether1 as the passthrough Interface ...

Go to Interfaces VLAN, create a new VLAN on interface ether1 with VID lets say 10 and name it VLAN10. Assign an IP address to VLAN10, for example 192.168.10.1/24
Then on the LTE APN settings configure the passtrhough on interface ether1, not on VLAN10.
You dont need any NAT on your LTE device, the NAT will be performed on the Router before the LTE.
On your Router, configure the ether port that the LTE is connected to, and assign an IP address, lets say 192.168.10.2/24

Then from your Local network you will be able to access the LTE 192.168.10.1, but you will need to add a route on your LTE device.
If for example your Local network is 192.168.11.0/24 then on the LTE you must add a route, that when dst-address is 192.168.11.0/24 your Gateway is 192.168.10.2. This is needed, otherwise the LTE won't know how to reach your Local network...

Don't forget to masquerade the interface of the Router that the LTE is connected to and also Update ROS to latest version...

** You might need to make adjustments on the Firewall of your Devices...

I don't know if you need the second port of your LTE and how you want to use it so i ve not commented on this...

LoneRager
Topic Author

Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:37 pm

Ok, so I go as far as creating the vlan, and assigning it an ip address. I also set my APN up as passthrough. For now i dont have a router between my SXT and my devices, Im plugged directly into the router. So I set my ip address on my computer to be 192.168.10.2, however I still cannont connect to the SXT with 192.168.10.1

What am I missing?

/interface lte
set [ find ] name=lte1
/interface vlan
add interface=ether1 name=vlan10 vlan-id=10
/interface list
add name=WAN
add name=LAN
/interface lte apn> set [ find default=yes ] apn=NXTGENPHONE pass
through-interface=ether1
/interface wireless security-profiles
set [ find default=yes ] supplicant-identity=MikroTik

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:09 pm

For now i dont have a router between my SXT and my devices
Then why exactly you need the passthrough for ?

LoneRager
Topic Author

Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:46 pm

Well I was skipping the router for the time being for simplicity sake just to get the VLAN up and running. Do I need the router for to work correctly?

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:51 pm

It all depends on what you want to achieve...

If i were you and i only needed to connect the LTE to my computer, i would not use the passthrough at all...
However, you can check if you are able to create a VLAN on your computers network adapter...