Community discussions

MikroTik App

MaxPresi
just joined
Topic Author

RB2011iL-RM Reset Button Doesn't Work

Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:22 pm

Hello,

I have an RM2011iL-RM that I need to reset but I don't have the password for the admin or any other user. Whoever set up left the company years ago (left 2 years before I or any other member of the current team joined) and left nothing documented.

Anyway... I tried to follow the manual to update his system by EtherBoot but without success. It doesn't show up in Netinstall. But if I open Winboot it appears there with its normal ip (192.168.100.1). Trying to access by this IP always gives an error saying that can't access, and by ETH1 it gives wrong user and password error.

Changing the static IP from the manual (192.168.88) to the 192.168.100 network doesn't solve either, it doesn't show up in Netinstall.

There's a detail, which I don't know if it's relevant, but when I turn it on while holding the reset, after a while it beeps, passes a few seconds and beeps twice, and then restarts.

Any idea what to do?

andriys
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: RB2011iL-RM Reset Button Doesn't Work

Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:27 pm

I don't think Netinstall is really necessary in your case. At lease not yet.
Here's a Quick Start Guide for your device: https://i.mt.lv/cdn/product_files/RB201 ... 191058.pdf
Read the "Buttons and Jumpers" section carefully, then follow the procedure to reset configuration.