Community discussions

MikroTik App

curiosityx
just joined
Topic Author

Need help with IP firewall filter schedule

Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:21 am

Hi. I'm trying to configure firewall filter to prevent my son from accessing roblox in weekdays, but not in weekends. However I got this "invalid" and "inactive time" error.
Attached is the screenshot of the error message and the rule that I'm trying to configure. Appreciate if I can get some advice about this. Thank you in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

biomesh
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Need help with IP firewall filter schedule

Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:16 pm

The rule is flagged as inactive and invalid since the time range is not in the current time. It will become active during that specific time range.

If you see this during the actual time you want it to be active, you might want to change your time range. I would start by just changing 0s to 1s to see if your values of 0s and 1d are the same value(to Ros). You could also try to set the second value to 23h59m59s.

I prefer to use kid control for these types of rules as I can flag multiple devices easily and those rules will be added/enabled automatically.

curiosityx
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:10 am

hi biomesh. thanks for the info, appreciate it. i've tested by changing the scheduled day and it works. no more error.
i've looked at kid control but seems like it will totally block internet access. my son still needs internet access to attend his online class on weekdays.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:16 pm

Not to worry, your son will soon figure it out, go to friends house to play roblox, and when smarter will figure out how to get around your scheduling/blocking attempts.