Community discussions

MikroTik App

w0jtech
just joined
Topic Author

SXT-LTE6 + ASUS 4G-AC68U CONFIG

Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:32 pm

Hello everyone, I am writing here because I am already slowly getting the last bit of hope for my knowledge and skills in the field of IT.
Of course, I am not an expert in every field of IT (IMO I have a lot knowledge in different area, but it's not about Mikrotik config haha), therefore I am asking for help.

My situation is as follows:
- I have an SXT-LTE6 that I want to put on the roof of the house, and the sim card [LTE] in it
// additional question -> can it be configured that with two SIM cards inserted, they can switch among themselves? I will add that SIM cards from different operators. So it's possible... it's worth to make it or not?
- the equipment will be powered by the switch poe;
- while the Internet from Mikrotik I want to distribute through the ASUS 4G-AC68U Router -> WiFi network
// additional question -> which port of ethernet in SXT should I use for power and which one to extend it and connect with ASUS?
- I made a factor reset and want to configure all the steps of config on SXT side from the scratch and then make a WiFi from this Internet source on ASUS...

For any help thanks you all in advance, and sorry for obvious questions.
BR
Wojtech

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: SXT-LTE6 + ASUS 4G-AC68U CONFIG

Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:17 pm

w0jtech write:
- I have an SXT-LTE6 that I want to put on the roof of the house, and the sim card [LTE] in it
congrats

can it be configured that with two SIM cards inserted, they can switch among themselves? I will add that SIM cards from different operators. So it's possible... it's worth to make it or not?
SXTR have 2 sim slots. One can be active. You can swap between them by using for example scripts, or manual.

which port of ethernet in SXT should I use for power and which one to extend it and connect with ASUS?
Open https://mikrotik.com/products/?filter&s=c&search=sxtr and read.
ether1 is for power it. You can use that port for data too. Even with vlans.
ether2 is power-out, you can power security camera. This is normal ethernet who can be used too.
Both can be bond or use separate - you select what you want and how to use them.

I made a factor reset and want to configure all the steps of config on SXT side from the scratch and then make a WiFi from this Internet source on ASUS...
Use one time QuitSet to setup device.
Open termial, type: export and learn.
Read manual, read books about RouterOS, watch many YT videos etc.

Welcome in LTE and MikroTIk world