Main steps for setting up a basic & working hotspot are:
Set a working DHCP:
- add a pool with the desired IP range for DHCP.
- add a dhcp -> network which match the pool settings.
- add a dhcp -> server which uses the pool created, and bound to the interface which will host the hotspot.
Test DHCP is working.
Set up Hotspot
- Add a Hotspot server (using "+" button if using winbox or /ip hotspot add name=..... if using console)
- Bound it to the selected interface.
- don't select an adress pool (address-pool=none)
- select default profile
- add a user for testing, tied to the hotspot (or valid for all hotspots in the system):
/ip hotspot user add comment="" disabled=no name="dani" password="1234" server=hotspot1
Hope it will help.