Community discussions

MikroTik App

itsbhanusharma
just joined
Topic Author

Bridge Configuration works (but not really)!

Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:26 am

So I recently upgraded (for a second time) my main router to v7.1.1 and have a weird problem.

I have RB3011 with two bridge chips and I want to put both to use. My configuration works as expected on ROS6 and also works when a router is upgraded to ROS7.
However, If I reset the router and try to configure the same configuration, suddenly the bridges can't talk to each other anymore.

A few highlights: I add ports ether3-ether5 to bridge 1 which is used as a CAPsMAN datapath. ports ether6-ether10 are added to a second bridge which is used to connect hardwired devices. I know it has to be something very very obvious because the configuration works on ROS6 and even works when the router is upgraded to ROS7 but only fails due to my own lack of understanding.

I'd be really thankful if someone could point me to what's missing between my configuration(s) that is causing the bridges to be unable to talk to each other.
I do not have any VLANS or Firewall Rules to block bridges from communicating.

I've attached two rsc files the problem export is one that doesn't work.

Any pointers are highly appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Bridge Configuration works (but not really)!

Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:58 pm

It's not what you're missing, it's what you have extra, namely your two brand new PCC rules, they apply also to connections between local subnets, and those packets are sent to internet as a result.

itsbhanusharma
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:38 am

I was using PCC for failover on v6 without any issue. I configured PCC as per https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ ... Classifier

Is there something that's missing from the above guide?

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Bridge Configuration works (but not really)!  [SOLVED]

Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:32 pm

It doesn't explicitly mention multiple LAN subnets, but if you pay attention, you should be able to figure out that you have to exclude them too (at the beginning):
/ip firewall mangle
add action=accept chain=prerouting dst-address=10.20.20.0/24 in-interface-list=LAN
add action=accept chain=prerouting dst-address=10.10.10.0/24 in-interface-list=LAN

itsbhanusharma
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:51 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a try tomorrow.

itsbhanusharma
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:38 pm

Thanks for your help, your suggestion has solved the issue and given me a new perspective towards RouterOS :)