Community discussions

MikroTik App

screetch
just joined
Topic Author

Listing of default firewall rules and NAT settings

Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:07 am

1 - is there a published list of the default rules and NAT settings for a Hex POE router ?

I guess I could reset the thing and start all over again but loosing the static lease assignments I have made would be a nuisance.

2 - is it possible to export a list of the static lease assignments to a file in either CSV or a printable format?

3 - can a lease assignments be imported into the configuration?

Thank you for your help.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Listing of default firewall rules and NAT settings  [SOLVED]

Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:34 am

1 - is there a published list of the default rules and NAT settings for a Hex POE router ?

In terminal window, as wide as it gets, execute command /system default-configuration print (long lines get truncated so really make terminal windows wide).
The command gives you complete default configuration, so you need to scroll down to get to the firewall part.

2 - is it possible to export a list of the static lease assignments to a file in either CSV or a printable format?

If you execute export command in terminal window, you get text output with exact commands that created certain configuration on top of factory defaults. The command descends recursively from starting point, so if you want to create the list of DHCP assignemnts, run commands
/ip dhcp-server lease
export

Command export takes additional parameters, one of interesting ones is file=<filename>, if it's used, it'll create file with the name specified and is available under /file section of your UI ... you can then fetch it to your management computer for permanent storage.

3 - can a lease assignments be imported into the configuration?

Sure thing. The file, created in previous bullet, can be uploaded to router and then you can execute it by running command /import <filename>.

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Listing of default firewall rules and NAT settings

Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:48 am

@mkx i did not know that you could print the default configuration...
Tried it and it works.. nice..

screetch
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Listing of default firewall rules and NAT settings

Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:41 am

@mkx Thanks very much for the help.