Community discussions

MikroTik App

Gokuofuin
just joined
Topic Author

LAN Internal Traffic Not Showing

Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:53 pm

Hi there

I have setup quite a lot of mikrotiks before and have never encountered this issue but here it is:

I want to limit using a simple queue the traffic from one PC to the Server located inside the same network, so lets say the PC is 192.168.1.20 and the server is 192.168.1.2 then I create a simple queue with the target at the PCs IP and the destination as the servers IP.

Now I have used this before and it worked, but for some reason its not working now, also I cannot even see local traffic when I torch the bridge. (EG: traffic from the PC to the server)

Do any of you have thoughts on how I can fix this?

Gokuofuin
just joined
Topic Author

Re: LAN Internal Traffic Not Showing

Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:01 pm

No thoughts on this guys? I still have not been able to get it to see internal traffic between two IPs

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:05 pm

Are the two devices plugged into different ports of the router, or are they plugged into a downstream switch? If they are on a switch, the local traffic is never going through the router.

Gokuofuin
just joined
Topic Author

Re: LAN Internal Traffic Not Showing  [SOLVED]

Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:37 pm

Nvm I just figured it out.... lol

You need to turn this on in order to see internal traffic between two lan ports.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:02 pm

The options you enabled actually disable HW offload ... you could selectively do the same by unticking HW on particular bridge port of interest.