Community discussions

MikroTik App

Reeman
just joined
Topic Author

sfp+ port no link untill unplug and blug again

Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:28 pm

I have ccr1072-1G-8S+ (6.48.6 long term) Router when rebooting the router the sfp+ port give no link until unplug the s-rj01 tranceiver and plug it again . I tried to update the RouterOS and disable autonegotiation on sfp+ port and choose 1G but it didn't work . I also tried to change the tranceiver to S+RJ10 it didnt work. Its very diffecult to reach the location every time to do that.

please give me any solution for this problem.

AidanAus
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: sfp+ port no link untill unplug and blug again  [SOLVED]

Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:01 am

Can you please check and see if your system>routerboard is reporting the same Firmware version as the Router OS version that is installed? Looking over the Mikrotik SFP compatibility matrix: https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/MikroTik ... patibility there shouldn't be any issues with running the s-rj01 or the s-rj10 on this device.

At this point if I was not ready to open an rma case yet, it would test and see if the fibre modules behave the same way or to see if either the 1g or 10g module you tested offers the same behaviour on another device?
If you do open up an rma I would suggest doing so by contacting your distributor with a supout of before and after the reboot so they are able to see this error or pass it on to Mikrotik for their review :)