Community discussions

MikroTik App

Techsystem
Topic Author

couldn't access my MT after i restore it without default configuration

Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:47 pm

Hello my friends..!
so after i reset my RB951ui to its default without default configuration-(system-reset configuration-no default configuration)- i couldn't been able to access my MT anymore using winbox, so i refresh the window again and again but with no ip or any thing appear that indicate that there is a MT out there. so i had to apply a hard reset on it to reaccess it, so my question:
why this selection -(reset with no default configuration)- exist in the first places if we couldnt access the router after we apply it ...?

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: couldn't access my MT after i restore it without default configuration

Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:34 pm

Those that know what they are doing can enter the router.......... its an advanced setting..... Hence, not for you. :-0

Techsystem
Topic Author

Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:34 am

Those that know what they are doing can enter the router.......... its an advanced setting..... Hence, not for you. :-0
come on anav ..! we are discussing a real topic here i am not kiding..!!
really i want to know why this happen..!!???

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:09 am

well can you post what it looks like without the default configuration?

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:26 am

Reset with no default config is just that - zero config.
You can still access it with Winbox via the MAC.

Techsystem
Topic Author

Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:51 am

well can you post what it looks like without the default configuration?
well i notice something very important -at least for me-..
when you reset the Mikrotik in a normal way -(i mean when the router return to its default setting)- you can access the router without any WAN connection pluged in the router, because all interface in this case have the same gateway 192.168.88.1. However, if you reset your router with no default setting on it, you can not been able to access it through winbox until you plug your WAN connection on it, and in this case the MAC address will appear immediately after you plug your WAN cable, so it seems to me that the MAC apperance is related to this WAN connectivity.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:54 am

That's just not possible. With zero config, you can use any interface Ether1-5 to connect, but you will have to use the MAC address to connect (neighbor discovery works). No WAN cable needed.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:33 pm

Sorry for the sarcasm, but accessing the router, as pointed out, is the same way I do it everyday, mac address winbox.
It just works so do not understand what you are doing or not doing to access the device??

Techsystem
Topic Author

Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:30 pm

That's just not possible. With zero config, you can use any interface Ether1-5 to connect, but you will have to use the MAC address to connect (neighbor discovery works). No WAN cable needed.
Hello Normis..! yes you are right..! but let me explain in another way my situation that i encounter, to highlight more on what i am talking about .
1- i have RB951ui with its default setting, so when i plug eth2 on the router for example with my PC -without WAN connection (no thing pluged in eth1)- i can see the RB 951ui immediately in my winbox window and access to it normaly. so no problem with that.
2-now if i remove all the default seeting on it -(normal reset)- its like if you turn on the MT for the first time and get this pop up menu that ask you if you want to keep the default config or removed
lets say that i removed it, now in this case i also can see my RB951ui in my winbox window but in IP Address section instead of 192.168.88.1 i wil get 0.0.0.0. so also no problem with that i can use mac address to access it.
3-now if i reset the RB951ui with check the no default setting configuration box. here is my situation, in this case i couldnt see my RB951ui until i pluged in the WAN connection,
well Maybe i am wrong with that, but please try for me this situation as i mentioned i am using RB951ui with the v7.5 tested. i try this senario with alot of RB951ui with the same result. i will be very happy to see where is my problem.

Techsystem
Topic Author

Re: couldn't access my MT after i restore it without default configuration  [SOLVED]

Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:30 am

Hello My friends..!
so to refresh my situation in this thread and to avoid any misleading conclusion about RB951ui v7.5 login access with zero config.
after alot of testing procedure i can say that you can access the unite with zero config using MAC .
i tested that using a lot of RB951ui and that's work fine, yet one of RB951ui unite caused a problem with login access, i think that's problem maybe from my side not from RB951ui side.
thanks for all of you.
and sorry if my thread make some of you confused, maybe i have to do more testing procedure before .