Community discussions

MikroTik App

el berto
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Help: 1 RB burned, then the other lost!

Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:33 am

Hi, I get 3 RB 112 pre-configured in point-2-point mode; if I'm not wrong there is a way where I insert in a routerboard the MAC address of the other routerboard.
For evaluating routerboards I've been keepeng one as remote ant the other as local.
For a power supply problem, the local one is burned, then I used the remaining one.
Now I can see the remote one but I can't talk to: I think it has the MAC address of the burned one and I can't reach it because it is in mountain.
How can I do???
May I force the new radio with complete configuration of the old one?
Thanks.

slipstream1
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Help: 1 RB burned, then the other lost!

Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:30 pm

If the remote routerboard is associated with the new (local) routerboard, you can go to the registration page, then right click on the remote RB and click on MAC Telnet. If they are associated MAC Telnet will remove any IP address or routing errors and allow you to remotely configure the remote board. If it is not associated then you may need to make a trip. This is why I always setup the remote board as AP bridge or Master and let the local board be station or slave. This way the local board is trying to connect to the remote board.

GWISA

Re: Help: 1 RB burned, then the other lost!

Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:13 pm

If I understand you correctly, the wireless authentication is by MAC address?
If the local board hardware changed, and so did the MAC, then you can re-program the MAC in the wireless settings to be the same as the old one...