Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:34 pm

I am the admin of the network and want to send a message to the all other users

or to only one uesr

2- how could I block some website
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

ashish
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: how I can send a message to other user?

Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:26 pm

About the Message, I am NOT sure, But to Block the Websites u need to configure Web-Proxy and from the access List you can DENY Website.

Refer
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/How_to_Bl ... sing_Proxy

jordantrx
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:06 pm

I am the admin of the network and want to send a message to the all other users

or to only one uesr

2- how could I block some website
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Are you using usermanager to handle your network users? If so i can help.

ahmedsaffar76

Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:52 pm

Dear all ;
I am glad to write .
Kindly i have some comments on the proxy , whereever i read about proxy they start saying that you have to use web-proxy then he start explaining the ip proxy ??????
also when i open the ip proxy i don't fine such details in it while i find some fileds for the port , parent proxy and port and the max connections for the server and the client .
so , here i would like to ask which one is better web-proxy or ip proxy ?
as i know that the web-proxy could make cache for web sites and ftp downloaded files . and this not available with the ip proxy .
i am using Router OS 2.9.27 and when i activate the web proxy with the cache , directly i noticed big increament in the upload which it made the service i have extremly slow , so i disable it again and i will connect another Router OS behind mine to do experements on it with the proxy and cache not to disturbe my users .
i think better than blocking downloading files which will make clients get upset :( , we block the peer 2 peer download connections .
as i heared it afect the service and better to block them ,
could you state the sites using p2p and how to block them ? .
regarding the messages to users , you should use a client - server programs like , Handy-cafe , Easy-cafe , Radmin etc...
with best regards .
8)

ahmedsaffar76

Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:10 pm

Dear all ;
I am glad to write .
Kindly i have some comments on the proxy , whereever i read about proxy they start saying that you have to use web-proxy then he start explaining the ip proxy ??????
also when i open the ip proxy i don't fine such details in it while i find some fileds for the port , parent proxy and port and the max connections for the server and the client .
so , here i would like to ask which one is better web-proxy or ip proxy ?
as i know that the web-proxy could make cache for web sites and ftp downloaded files . and this not available with the ip proxy .
i am using Router OS 2.9.27 and when i activate the web proxy with the cache , directly i noticed big increament in the upload which it made the service i have extremly slow , so i disable it again and i will connect another Router OS behind mine to do experements on it with the proxy and cache not to disturbe my users .
i think better than blocking downloading files which will make clients get upset :( , we block the peer 2 peer download connections .
as i heared it afect the service and better to block them ,
could you state the sites using p2p and how to block them ? .
regarding the messages to users , you should use a client - server programs like , Handy-cafe , Easy-cafe , Radmin etc...
with best regards .
8)

aminsaad
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:53 pm

thanks every one i will try to do it

but I still donot know how could I send a message to to the user

I use Router OS 2.9.27 :D

ahmedsaffar76

Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:07 pm

Hi again ;
install Radmin on all pc's behind the Mikrotik .
this program comes as server and client
through it you could send messages and see the desktop of your clients or control their pc's as well .
with regards
:lol:

hulk-bd
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:13 am

Dear aminsaad,

You can't send any message to your clients from you MT. It has been discussed many time in the forum. Atlast the answer is no you can't send message to your clients from MT.

Thanks

jordantrx
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:17 pm

Dear aminsaad,

You can't send any message to your clients from you MT. It has been discussed many time in the forum. Atlast the answer is no you can't send message to your clients from MT.

Thanks
You can send e-mail's to your clients through MT, but maybe i am not understanding what he is Trying to send to them? something that pops up on there PC machine, or something they find in there e-mail. If it IS e-mail i can help you with this sending messages to your clients. good day -Jordan

ashish
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:41 pm

I have one Idea,

Just connect GSM Modem to the Mikrotik.
You can Send SMS to the User from Mikrotik Manually 8) Using GSM Modem.

jordantrx
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:05 pm

I have one Idea,

Just connect GSM Modem to the Mikrotik.
You can Send SMS to the User from Mikrotik Manually 8) Using GSM Modem.
Or you can just use a script doinggggggg!

ahmedsaffar76

Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:33 pm

Hi Jordan ;
Cool to hear this , let me ask you here if i could send a message to a user like " you are using download for more than 1 hour " . is it possible by MikroTik ? what are the ways he could receive this message by ? .
could you explain the scripts for this .
with best regards .

aminsaad
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:04 am

thanks every one i will try to do it

thanks ashish

thanks jordantrx

:D :D :D :D :D

jordantrx
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:21 am

Hi Jordan ;
Cool to hear this , let me ask you here if i could send a message to a user like " you are using download for more than 1 hour " . is it possible by MikroTik ? what are the ways he could receive this message by ? .
could you explain the scripts for this .
with best regards .
yes it is possible, I would have to build a script and you would have to run the scheduler like ever hour to trigger it. however i dont have a routerboard at the moment to go over the possabilitys, but from what i have knowlege of i bleieve i could write a script for you to do it.. but untill i get my routerboard no.. -let me know -Jordan

p.s It would be sent out via e-mails to your clients..... That mite be a problem though... Best thing is to CONTROL your clients. rather than warn them of going over there limit. but im not sure of your situation -Jordan

Edit #2 you can also have it sent out in an SMS< just have to send it to therephonenumber@thereprovider Thats gonna b the last edit :-p

ahmedsaffar76

Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:13 pm

I would have to build a script and you would have to run the scheduler like ever hour to trigger it. however i dont have a routerboard at the moment to go over the possabilitys, but from what i have knowlege of i bleieve i could write a script for you to do it.. but untill i get my routerboard no.. -let me know -Jordan
Hi Jordan ;
Thanks , i will be waiting your feedback .
with best regards
8)

jordantrx
Long time Member
Long time Member

Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:48 pm

I would have to build a script and you would have to run the scheduler like ever hour to trigger it. however i dont have a routerboard at the moment to go over the possabilitys, but from what i have knowlege of i bleieve i could write a script for you to do it.. but untill i get my routerboard no.. -let me know -Jordan
Hi Jordan ;
Thanks , i will be waiting your feedback .
with best regards
8)
ahmedsaffar76 For me to build this script it requires you using user-manager. that is were the script parses for the information to check for amount of usage used, and then send out an e-mail warning him of how much he has downloaded or been on for.. Let me know if you are using user-manager, and if you are let me know EXACTLY what you want this script to do. Thanks -Jordan