Community discussions

MikroTik App

ncrossley
Topic Author

Station Queues

Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:32 pm

Hi, I am currently running wide open system, wanting to limit all stations at there unit to 2mbit overall traffic on the device. Is this easily done? Running 2.9.50 on all equipment.

Thanks for the help guys.

jordantrx
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Station Queues

Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:37 pm

Hi, I am currently running wide open system, wanting to limit all stations at there unit to 2mbit overall traffic on the device. Is this easily done? Running 2.9.50 on all equipment.

Thanks for the help guys.
Just use simple queue's and specifiy the address you want queue'd If you want the hole network queued to 2mbit just use address 0.0.0.0 Remember if you do that any other queue will not work because the 0.0.0.0 address will take priority. Good luck -Jordan
~Agricultural WISP "ZONE"~ Beware of oncoming cattle and dont hit the farmer!!! I need to ask him about using his silo for an AP first"~

*Automated Billing Installer* http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/AutomatedBilling Built by Krige ;-)

ncrossley
Topic Author

Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:42 pm

Every where I have looked I have had to set default limits for both up and down, i want an overall limit of 2mbit

Ie 1mbit up 1 down
1.5up .5 down
and so on.
Am I looking in the wrong place??

jordantrx
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:53 am

Every where I have looked I have had to set default limits for both up and down, i want an overall limit of 2mbit

Ie 1mbit up 1 down
1.5up .5 down
and so on.
Am I looking in the wrong place??
Yea look in simple queue's and setup a simple queue. HOWEVER Make sure you have in your BRIDGE settings IP firewall Enabled. this is important. Because that must be enabled if you want ot limit you network Upload/Download. ANd you can limit the entire network by using the 0.0.0.0 and limiting upload to 1mbit and ur download to 1mbit or whatever you want. That is what you should do in Winbox.. If this dosent work you are doing somethign wrong or not explaing well enough. -Jordan
~Agricultural WISP "ZONE"~ Beware of oncoming cattle and dont hit the farmer!!! I need to ask him about using his silo for an AP first"~

*Automated Billing Installer* http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/AutomatedBilling Built by Krige ;-)