Community discussions

mudasir
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Different UPLINK and Different DOWNLINK

Sat May 24, 2008 1:43 am

Hi...

I am settng up a server to use two different links for up and down. Can nay one guide me how will i be able to accomplish this task. I have a DSL line which i want to use as my UPLINK and a SATELITE which i want to use as my DOWNLINK.

Any help will be really appreciated.
Regards
Mudasir Mirza
http://www.diglinux.com

jwcn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Different UPLINK and Different DOWNLINK

Sat May 24, 2008 3:25 am

Interesting. I don't think it can be done unless both are through the same ISP?

maike
just joined

Sat May 24, 2008 10:58 am

nice idea

jwcn , i have another question

can we have two lines on for browsing ( only ) and other for downloading ( only ) ??

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun May 25, 2008 3:06 am

can we have two lines on for browsing ( only ) and other for downloading ( only ) ??
That's the same thing. Browsing to a weather side with satellite pics can have more download traffic then download a simple file.... How do you tell your router what is what?

salman786
just joined

Sun May 25, 2008 12:35 pm

There will be dvb card for where u can put ur uplink and one cable of rj45 pin comes out from dvb card which can be used as external wan port in mikrotik.no need for 1 up and 1 down

mudasir
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun May 25, 2008 2:21 pm

Hi..

My question is still there. How can i use my ADSL Line for UPLINK and my SATELLITE line for DOWNLINK. Is it possible or not. If yes then can any one assist me is achieving such case.
Regards
Mudasir Mirza
http://www.diglinux.com

balimore
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sun May 25, 2008 3:41 pm

-----
Hello fren,

I am sure with Mikrotik's you can do as you want [possible], but i am sorry never try like this.
2 months ago i configurated my Centralized-AAA with 2 lines ISP [FO and 3,5G] and i made routing any local subnet to different gateway, success and nice.

Again, thanks Mikrotik and Team for. :wink:

Regards
Hasbullah.com
-----
Hi..

My question is still there. How can i use my ADSL Line for UPLINK and my SATELLITE line for DOWNLINK. Is it possible or not. If yes then can any one assist me is achieving such case.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun May 25, 2008 4:18 pm

Hi..

Well, it is possible. That'ss for sure. In Europe several Satellite ISPs sell a system where you do the upload over a GSM or fixed telephone (dial up) network while the download then comes in through the satellite.
Off course this can be done as well with any other upload system (GSM, umts/g3, telephone, cable, adsl whatever.)

I think that the provider that arranges this has to configure that all requests for data (browsing, ftp, whatever) is routed out over the slow uplink path and the returns from their end to the satellite and then to the client. The client must have a router that both connects to the satellite receiver and the ´uplink´.

I think you can only manage this if you arrange the routing on the ISP side as well, which is impossible, unless you are this ISP yourself (and thus pay for all the satellite connections of your clients!)

Hope this is what you are looking for?

titius

Mon May 26, 2008 2:21 am

Yes, but they give you software for that.

There is no such thing for MT, it is not possibile without client BOX that is running software from SAT ISP. And in that software you can setup gateway for upload to be MT . . .

eebng_1422
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon May 26, 2008 2:30 am

hi Mr. mudasir,
I want to tell you that you must need another server for making a regime that regulates the relationship between the ADSL and your satellite connection like opensky program, then the outline from that server will go to the MT...
:lol:
============
Ahmed Bakhiet
skype Name: abakhiet
Mob: +2/0108944553
Move 2 Improve