Community discussions

MikroTik App

1john2
just joined
Topic Author

howto restart firewall to default settings

Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:37 pm

good day, I' ve got a stupid problem:-( I have set a rule for firewal in my microtik 411:

/ip firewall filter add chain=input action=drop

and now of course i can't connect to him( I tried with ssh or winbox, telnet is stopped);
internet from my privat net is ok.

My question is: how i can reset firewall to default settings? its possible to do it over serial port? or I must make reinstall?

thank you for any ideas

SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: howto restart firewall to default settings

Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:16 pm

Greetings!

That is my favorite way to lock myself out of my boxes too. :D

No worries if you have a null modem serial cable. That is not subject to the firewall rules (fortunately for me). Just remember in the future when you modify your firewall rules: that needs to be the last rule added, and the first rule removed.

1john2
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:46 pm

thank you for your time:-)

have anybody some other ideas, microtik is on the roof and the and way to him is very bad:-(

msorensen
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:19 pm

use MacTelnet...

http://www.mikrotik.com/testdocs/ros/2. ... winbox.php

Connect your computer directly to an operational ethernet port of the RB411; Open WinBox and press the button with the "..." to the right of the ip address; wait for Winbox to find the RB411; select the RB411 by its MAC address (not its IP address); change your FW rule.

emiX
just joined

Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:17 pm

connect via MAC not works in Winbox > ERROR: coud not connect to XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
Any other idea to reset firewall rules without reset all other config? What about reset button during boot ?
It is very useless to lost winbox connectivity with default firewall rules with no solution even when my RB is physically near me on the desk.