Community discussions

MikroTik App

EmeraldKnight
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:29 pm

Hey guys and gals, first off I would like to apolagise if this is the wrong spot or has been answered before but I have searched the forums (most probably with the wrong key words)

What I am trying to do is have my Home ADSL going into my MikroTik OS box through a 10/100 NIC. From there to a giga NIC called Server that has my movies/music computer on. Another gig NIC called Home for my 4 computers that are normaly hooked up for my wife and kids and a third giga called byo for when I hold lans.

I would prefer the Server NIC to be on the 192.168.2.0 range as the router to be on 192.168.2.1
the Home NIC to be on the 192.168.1.0 range and
the Byo NIC to be on a 10.0.1.0 range.

I don't want the kids computers to be accessed by any Byo computers.
I want the kids and the Byo computers to have access to the net and to the music/movie server but I want to use the hotspot so I know when someone wants to play online..as my LANs some times get more people than expected.

Can some one point me in the right direction to newbies guide to configeration or something that give step my step winbox instructions on who to setup from after the first reboot from installing.

Thanks in advance to those that are willing to help....those others will be ignored :P

EK

sdischer
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Newbie

Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:42 am

Tis is basic networking draw out what you want to accomplish, assign the ips for each of those subnets you want and then configure your router. If tat is over your head, then start with a basic configuration that works for one of the subnets and get comfortable with it, then start adding the others, one thing at a tie. You can always undo and start over. WHen you get everything working, then ty firewayy rules to prevent interaction between the subets.