Community discussions

wireless12
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

very basic question but the most important one

Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:41 pm

hiii...i hav RB-411AH, i want to use it to distribute internet to 25 wireless users. all wireless client will be issued a local static ip for thier computer's NIC .(there is no DHCP server behind this RB-411AH, a Gateway server is used to distribute internet).
Now to configure it, i hav connected it to my PC. and open winbox..which look like the below attached picture:

Questions:-

1.In seek of security for wireless interface of RB-411AH, i will only like to use "mac address filtering" to allow wireless clients to connect with RB411AH, because adding more security features wil results in sluggish performance of RB.

2. how to configure this routberborad to get best throughput, decent ping latency, which options are to ignore and which options shd be ticked in winbox wlan settings..like ack time out, etc.

conclusion:
So, how to configure this RB-411AH exactly according to Q-1 and Q-2..?

NOTE:-
- i m using 3rd party access point at client site(dlink 2.4 Ghz 54 mbps access point)

- plzz tell me step by step so that next i can also help who ask the same question in tis forum.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wireless12
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: very basic question but the most important one

Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:55 am

oooooooooops.no reply,no help?