MikroTik App

mudasir
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Cache performance very low in 3.16

Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:43 pm

Hi,

I was using 3.14 then upgraded to 3.15, the cache performance was very good in both version, but as i upgraded to 3.16 cache seems almost not working at all. Due to which my bandwidth consumption has gone high.

Graphs clearly shows that cache is not being buildup at all since i have implemented 3.16

Please tell me whats wrong with this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ayufan

Re: Cache performance very low in 3.16

Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:00 pm

MaxCacheSize only 15MB?

mudasir
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:59 pm

Hi,

Sorry its my mistake, before posting i changed the value from "Unlimited to 15000", i thought it might clear things up here. But still on "Unlimited" also i am getting almost the same type of response

normangon
just joined

Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:34 pm

Well, I have an external cache but I don't have check serialize connections option and I notice that max client connection and max server connections affect the performace a lot.

From Mikrotik Docs

serialize-connections (yes | no; default: no) - Do not make multiple connections to server for multiple client connections, if possible (i.e. server supports persistent HTTP connections). Clients will be served on FIFO principle; next client is processed when response transfer to the previous one is completed. If a client is idle for too long (max 5 seconds by default), it will give up waiting and open another connection to the server.

max-client-connections (integer; default: 600) - maximum number of concurrent client connections accepted by the proxy. All further connections will be rejected.

depending of your hardware I think you must adjust this values.

imtrulylovd
just joined

Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:28 am

Could you please paste your Proxy config and tell a bit about it. It seems to really be saving you bandwidth. Where did you come up with what and how to "proxy"? I'm very curious for that config.

Thanks.