Community discussions

MikroTik App

alkamalju
just joined
Topic Author

need some basic regarding Mikrotik based on VMWARE

Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:19 pm

Well, I am new in Mikrotik. I have problems understaning and configuring few things on my vmware Mikrotik IOS. Hope you guys can help:

I work on a standalone laptop with no connectivity other than a cdma internet modem. I have installed mikrotik on vmware, I remeber on one of my previous attempt, I could access (telnet and winbox) it from my loopback adaptor and also from the winbox. Mikrotik and my loopback both are in the same subnet. But, I can't ping

Now, how can I do the following:

1. what can I do to acess MiKrotik with ping, Telnet and Winbox from Windows?

2. I have configured a sample queue, now I need to access this with http. I am confused over the following command:

[admin@MikroTik] tool graphing interface> add interface=ether1 \
\... allow
-address=192.168.1.0/24 store-on-disk=yes

I don understand the red part of the command. It would be great if someone could give me a breakdown explanation. I need to acess the graph from my workstation.

Response highly appreciated.
Last edited by alkamalju on Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alkamalju
just joined
Topic Author

Re: need some basic regarding Mikrotik based on VMWARE

Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:50 pm

However, i have found my mistake. Now, I can access Mikrotik though Windows telnet and Winbox. The solution is, the first vmware interface (vmware1 in my case) needs to be up and in the same subnet that Mikrotik resides.

Can any one help me in configuring the /tool graphing so that i can monitor the bandwidth with http?

QpoX

Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:33 am

What version of RouterOS are you running?

alkamalju
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:57 pm

MikroTik v2.9.38
Login:

alkamalju
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:16 pm

Kind of surprised to see no replies. Let me make my question more specific:

Well, I just now need the support for graphing on my xp pro workstation while Mikrotik is on vmware.

I can ping, telnet, winbox to vmware mikrotik from my xp. Now, I have set a sample queue by winbox. Now, i want to see /5min graph. I have tried with the following commands on the console:

[admin@MikroTik] tool graphing queue> add simple-queue=queue1 allow-address=yes \
\... store-on-disk=yes
[admin@MikroTik] tool graphing resource> add allow-address=192.168.1.0/24 \
\... store-on-disk=yes

Now, when i try http://192.168.1.1/graphs, i get nothing. What additional task I must do. Please guide somebody.

I just need to activate web graphing on my workstation while the mikrotik is runnning as vmware client in the same pc.