MikroTik App

MasterofDisaster
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Link Problem

Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:24 pm

Hello,

I have a link (with relay in the middle)over 2 x 10km, the signal is ok, on both sides -66db and SNR from 44db. I use R52N cards one RB433 and two RB411 on the endpoints. The connecton is good, I have an CCQ from 97%/97% an the "PingSpeed" says the P-throughput is 33M I think thats OK. Ping time from end to end is 1-2ms -> OK!

The Problem is, if I get I high load (with a network speedtest tool, like Roadkil's Commtest" the connection CCQ get down to 5-10% and the connection speed falls to 2M. I have changed the frequency and so on,... but the Problem is the same.

I hope i get a little help in this forum, but I dont no, what I should do`?

roc-noc.com
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Link Problem

Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:38 am

Does the RB433 in the middle have two radio cards? So you have a total of 4 R52N?

What frequencies are you running the two links on?

What antennas and what polarity?

Are they bridged or routed?

It could be interference between the two R433 cards but that is just a guess since a lot of information is missing in your request for help.

Tom

MasterofDisaster
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:34 pm

Sorry, some more information:

The RB433 in the middle have two radio cards, so I have 4 radiocards.
One Link runs on 5600Mhz and the other on 5680Mhz, to test I have changed the frequency, but the same effect.
I use 4 Mars MA-WA56-DP25NB Antennas, and use only vertikal polarity, to test i use horizontal polarity, but the same effect.
I use the bridge mode.

I forgot, the CCQ value on the RB433 with the two radiocards isn't poor, it is at avery time godd (97 - 99%) only the CCQ value on the two endpoints is bad.
I think is unlikely that I have interference on two points ?!

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:40 pm

Hi,

did you tried to make one link vertical and one horizontal?

MasterofDisaster
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:49 pm

I have tested the link - one link horizontal an one link vertikal, the same problem..., I change the RB's, the readiocard's and so on... nothing every time the same problem

The oddity is, that with the "Pingspeed test" from the ROS, it's all ok. I think, in bridge mode, that paket size can't be the problem, it should be only in routermode a problem, or is'nt this correct?

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:56 pm

if you try 1 link and is OK and later try the other link and is ok, I don't know why isn't good while working the 2 links at same time. PErhaps the tx power is too much in the repeater.

triac
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:12 pm

Hi Master...

Have You tried with Nstreme? (exact size).

I've solved same problem with Nstreme, I have a link for 60 H323 VoIP channels with a bridge on the middle... with 6/7 simultaneous calls the link goes down... with exact size Nstreme enabled and all VoIP channels active I've 1-2msec ping.

I hope this can help You..

Paolo

MasterofDisaster
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:53 pm

I didn't use NSTREME, but I test it a thursday. I think it is a problem with the paket size. Normally ping and PingSpeed from ROS dosn't make this effect, but a ping from PC with an other size, like 10000byte or so on, the problem is the same.

Lakis
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:16 pm

A1-B-A2
try with BTest
If from point A1-B Throughput is good
from B-A2 is also good
but from A1-A2 bad 2-8mbit (Than 2 radiocards in the middle on RB433 are active)
95% problem is in DC adapter on point B try with >30w (40w will be fine, 50w best)

I have very very very same problem but instead RB I use PC (2xXR5 in the middle) problem was in Power Suplay
435w - Combine Power 130w-Real (not sure today everything is made in china)
I put 250w-Real PSuplay everything come back to normal

MasterofDisaster
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:52 pm

Today, I test the link with nstreme. The connection is more stable, but only in one direction. In one direction I have a good CCQ and the datarate is ok, at the same time I get a ping over the link, all ok.
If I send the data in the other direction, i get a very bad CCQ and the ping time would be very long.

The picture shows ping time to all three hops, if I have load in the direction with the bad CCQ.

I dont understand this problem!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MasterofDisaster
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:36 pm

I have a solution for the probblem. It's impossible to use two R52N cards on one RB433.
Actually I use two RB411 with only one R52N card and the connection is greatfull. I Have a SNR from 59db and a CCQ from near 100% in both directions but only with nstreme, so I get near 20Mbits over two 10km links.. Without Nstreme there is a bad CCQ and low datarates.

Thanks for your help.