Community discussions

MikroTik App

udomsilp
just joined
Topic Author

How to change from Bridge to PPPOE

Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:54 am

My server have been set in Bridge mode. However, I would like to change to use router as PPPOE. But my server can't use. I think it should set to change my server from Bridge Mode to PPPOE mode. I can't do it. Please advise me how to change it through winbox.

Thank you very much.

Udomsilp

marioclep
Trainer
Trainer

Re: How to change from Bridge to PPPOE

Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:13 pm

My server have been set in Bridge mode. However, I would like to change to use router as PPPOE. But my server can't use. I think it should set to change my server from Bridge Mode to PPPOE mode. I can't do it. Please advise me how to change it through winbox.

Thank you very much.

Udomsilp
I think we are not really sure about what you want to do... In some ocations i had configured bridge and pppoe server in the same Router.
Can you explain us a little more, please? (and post your configuration)
---------------------

Ing. Mario D. Clep
CTO - MKE Solutions
MikroTik Certified Trainer

udomsilp
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:01 pm

Now my router is used in Bridge Mode. So when I log in to use internet, I will log in by server. I have pu log in name and paswrd through interface in winbox. However, I would like to chage it. I want to log in internet by router that using PPPOE. Because when I use in Bridge mode , other port of router can't use. But I need to use other port that will not pass server. But server can't support it. I think I need change and edit something in server. But I don't know hot to do. Please adivise.
Thank you very much.

Udomsilp Deekajorn

marioclep
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:38 am

mmm... Maybe im wrong, but I think I know what you want to do.
Just disable bridge and add a pppoe-client interface in your MKT to dial. That's it.
On the local interface there are a lot of ways to work. DHCP, fixed ip, PPPoE, HotSpot, etc.

Please let me know if this was helpfull
---------------------

Ing. Mario D. Clep
CTO - MKE Solutions
MikroTik Certified Trainer