Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

gadget67
just joined
Topic Author

Problems with DHCP on 2 antenna's

Fri May 28, 2010 9:19 am

Hello, they have asked me to solve a problem with a Winbox configuration that has 2 antenna's. 1 omni and 1 flatpanel that are both working on setting 23 (200mW). The antennas are configured as both ap-bridge, the reach is pretty good (nog good enough though) and both are on the same frequency. Strangely the clients that are trying to connect do not get a dhcp number although connected..... so internet is not possible (the get access through Antamedia). Any suggestions? I would really like to solve this problem today since i have to drive 2 hours to this location and i'm there today. Thanx !!!

btw: the clients also get no ip-number when using just 1 antenna. The get connected but without receiving dhcp....

bigguns
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Problems with DHCP on 2 antenna's

Fri May 28, 2010 2:53 pm

I've actually get this issue as well. R52N card only ont he 5ghz range (using two of the same antennas). When this issue occurs (which is only sometimes) I have to disable the interface/bridge and enable it again - that's the only way I can get the DHCP pool to assign an address to the clients. I'm using an RB800 - and this issue occurs on both my cards.