Community discussions

MikroTik App

aa007
just joined
Topic Author

Wireless repeater - how to prevent a loop creation

Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:12 pm

Hi, I have my configuration from this thread: http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=42482
Everything is working fine until I set the SSID to the same name that is on the Linksys AP.
So I have this: Linksys AP (SSID: DPN) > Mikrotik Pseudoclient > Mikrotik AP Bridge (SSID: DPN). But there comes the problem ... Mikrotik connects the Pseudoclient to the Mikrotik AP Bridge instead of the Linksys one. So it creates a loop and nothing works. I was trying to find some field in the pseudoclient settings where I can specify a MAC address of the Linksys AP but I can't find anything like this.
How can I solve this? I don't want to have 2 networks because then people have to change them manually...

aa007
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Wireless repeater - how to prevent a loop creation

Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:33 pm

So it isn't possible? Is there some other way how to do it?

Pada
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:02 am

You can try enabling STP (Spanning Tree Protocol) on the bridge interface and see if that solves your problem.
I'm not so clued up in this area either.

I think what you actually want to do is to prevent the Pseudoclient from having access to the MikroTik AP Bridge, by blocking the Pseudoclient's MAC on the MikroTik AP Bridge's Access List.

aa007
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:39 pm

I had to put it in connect list, because putting it in Access list didn't have any effect. Thanks for punching me in the right direction :)