MikroTik App

someuser
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Firewall enabled/disabled from webbox

Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:16 pm

Hi,
I've disabled and re-nabled my Nat selection from the webbox.
All the filter rules have disappeared.
By default is there nothing in the filter rules?
Should I have the either of these enabled?
The "NAT" enabled.
The "protect router?
The "protect lan"
Or are these selected per your own preference and later doing your own filter rule installation?
firewall.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Firewall enabled/disabled from webbox

Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:15 pm

By default there are no filter rules. "Protect router" installs filter rules in the input chain to filter traffic destined to the router itself. "Protect LAN" - I think - installs filters that don't let traffic from WAN to LAN through unless it was initiated by a client on the LAN.

All in all it's probably better to learn the firewall syntax and write your own ruleset, those checkboxes are for SOHO deployments.

someuser
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Firewall enabled/disabled from webbox

Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:57 am

By default there are no filter rules. "Protect router" installs filter rules in the input chain to filter traffic destined to the router itself. "Protect LAN" - I think - installs filters that don't let traffic from WAN to LAN through unless it was initiated by a client on the LAN.

All in all it's probably better to learn the firewall syntax and write your own ruleset, those checkboxes are for SOHO deployments.
Ok,
Thanks fewi.