Community discussions

MikroTik App

Myron
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

exploiting 8080

Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:42 am

hi guys i have my web proxy using 8080 port ive notice there is someone from outside using and exploiting my 8080 port i saw in torch at WAN port and in graph the upstream and downstream is same figure and also consuming upload and download, i decided to change any port and it solved my problem, you guys experience this kind of activity? and how to prevent this? how to block ip from outside? any tips and advice much appreciated

thanks

hrvoje
just joined

Re: exploiting 8080

Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:41 am

/ip firewall filter
add action=drop chain=input disabled=no dst-port=8080 in-interface=internet \
protocol=tcp

internet = your wan interface

Myron
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:52 am

/ip firewall filter
protocol=tcp

wow thanks bro!!

Myron
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:54 am

/ip firewall filter
protocol=tcp

dst=port or src=port?

thanks

someuser
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:08 pm

hi guys i have my web proxy using 8080 port ive notice there is someone from outside using and exploiting my 8080 port i saw in torch at WAN port and in graph the upstream and downstream is same figure and also consuming upload and download, i decided to change any port and it solved my problem, you guys experience this kind of activity? and how to prevent this? how to block ip from outside? any tips and advice much appreciated

thanks
Hi,
I've got a couple hotspots. And am still learning the ropes, watching activity on the router without really fully knowing how to determine if someone is exploiting my system or not.
Can you tell me how one from outside can take advantage of your bandwidth? I undestanding bot spammers and such but how does someone utilize the router otherwise?
Thanks

zero
just joined

Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:53 pm

hi, im abit dum.. :D

what do you mean by "wan"

is it my adsl router wan or my mikrotik lan 1 which is linked to adsl router

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:28 pm

wan -> wide area network (internet)

Myron
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:55 pm

hehehe thanks hrvojie those proxyer cannot penetrate and it solved my problem my connection is back to normal :D

thanks

Myron
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:59 pm

thanks
Hi,
I've got a couple hotspots. And am still learning the ropes, watching activity on the router without really fully knowing how to determine if someone is exploiting my system or not.
Can you tell me how one from outside can take advantage of your bandwidth? I undestanding bot spammers and such but how does someone utilize the router otherwise?
Thanks
hey ocean if someone exploiting your network mostly in wan activity the upstream and downstream goes higher and same graph, due of someone from outside using your proxy port try to torch in wan if lots of 8080 showing thats is the proxying from outside.

ps my englisg is bad

someuser
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:07 am

thanks
Hi,
Thanks
hey ocean if someone exploiting your network mostly in wan activity the upstream and downstream goes higher and same graph, due of someone from outside using your proxy port try to torch in wan if lots of 8080 showing thats is the proxying from outside.

ps my englisg is bad
So, when you say they're using the proxy port. What are they gaining or how does it benefit them by using my proxy port?
Are they sucking off my bandwidth?
I guess I don't understand how one would take advantage of another persons proxy port.

someuser
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:08 am

thanks
Hi,
Thanks

ps my englisg is bad
So, when you say they're using the proxy port. What are they gaining or how does it benefit them by using my proxy port?
Are they sucking off my bandwidth?
I guess I don't understand how one would take advantage of another persons proxy port.