Community discussions

MikroTik App

syntaxcollector
just joined
Topic Author

Reset button on the RB411U

Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:20 pm

I noticed on my RB411U there is a reset button on the side. Is there a way to script this button so the unit resets to my specific "factory defaults?"

Jordan

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Reset button on the RB411U

Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:03 pm

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Co ... tion_Reset
Configuration Reset

Command name: /system reset-configuration

Description
The command clears all configuration of the router and sets it to the default including the login name and password ('admin' and no password), IP addresses and other configuration is erased, interfaces will become disabled. After the reset command router will reboot.

Command Description
keep-users: keeps router users and passwords
no-defaults: doesn't load any default cofigurations, just clears everything
skip-backup: automatic backup is not created before reset, when yes is specified
run-after-reset: specify export file name to run after reset

Warning: If the router has been installed using netinstall and had a script specified as the initial configuration, the reset command executes this script after purging the configuration. To stop it doing so, you will have to reinstall the router.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:24 am

to clarify, you don't have to use a button at all, there is a command for it.

but remember, it will also clear the script that called it, and everything else.
No answer to your question? How to write posts

syntaxcollector
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Sorry, what I guess I meant to ask is not whether I can script the execution of the button but if pressing the button can execute a script.

- or -

If the "factory defaults" that the board resets to can be set differently. The reason for this is I'm going to be giving a couple units to a remote site and having the input all the configuration is messing and time consuming. It would be great if I could just get the user to hold the button down and then 'know' that the unit is working at an exact spec.