MikroTik App

shadowskippie
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

info an radius connections

Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:48 pm

Howzit

I need some help understanding something (i'll be refering to a system that we already have setup)

under the radius section a server has been created for connection of the tower to a radius server
Within this service we have place the ip address of the radius server into field named address.
Now right above that there is a field titled domain, can anyone explain what this field is and what is is used for when it comes to this service

SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: info an radius connections

Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:02 pm

You can use multiple radius servers on a single router. I use that with the hotspot. I set each radius entry with a different domain, then enter in each hotspot profile "radius-default-domain=thatdomain". You can also use different radius servers based on the username. Set the hotspot profile to "split-user-domain=yes". Then a client can use a user like user@domain, and the radius section uses domain=domain as the radius server, and sends only "user" as the username to that radius server.

shadowskippie
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: info an radius connections

Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:01 am

Okay
Now that sounds interesting.
At my currently level i don't think i can work with something like that (I have been given the job of looking after these systems and i havn't even got my CCNA yet :P) but i'll keep that info in mind. could be useful.

Thanks