Community discussions

MikroTik App

q1gzn
Topic Author

need help12 hour profile

Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:39 pm

Dears
kindly i need your support to write a script which run my clients for 12 hour and disable them after 12 hour and at Friday and Saturday want them work 24 hour
thanks alot

andrescamino
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: need help12 hour profile

Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:22 pm

u don't need a script for that...in firewall rules u can apply restriction by hours and days...

what exactly do u want to do??

q1gzn
Topic Author

Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:19 am

u don't need a script for that...in firewall rules u can apply restriction by hours and days...

what exactly do u want to do??
Many thanks for your help andrescamino

exactly i need to enable my users from 12 pm to 12 am and this issue continue from Sunday to Thursday but want the same users work 24 Hr at Friday and Saturday .
i hope that the idea is clear
Regards

andrescamino
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:37 pm

Sure..it's clear...

first you have to create an address list with ip address of the users that you want to control for example let's say user1 has the ip address of 192.168.1.5 and user2 has 192.168.1.15 you will have to create this rule first
/ip firewall address-list add list=Restrited-users address=192.168.1.5 comment=User1
/ip firewall address-list add list=Restrited-users address=192.168.1.15 comment=User2
Once you create the address list you will have to create the filter rules...let's say you just want them to use internet from Monday through Thursday from 9 am to 7 pm
/ip firewall filter add action=accept chain=forward comment="Allow Traffic from restricted users at different hours" disabled=no src-address-list=Restricted-users time=9h-17h,mon,tue,wed,thu
/ip firewall filter add chain=forward src-address=192.168.1.0/24 action=drop comment="deny everything else from the network"
With those two lines you will accept traffic from your address list in those hours and deny everything that is not under that list, if you have other customers you will have to create some rules to accept them before you deny the entire network..

hope that's clear enough

q1gzn
Topic Author

Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:43 am

Sure..it's clear...

first you have to create an address list with ip address of the users that you want to control for example let's say user1 has the ip address of 192.168.1.5 and user2 has 192.168.1.15 you will have to create this rule first
/ip firewall address-list add list=Restrited-users address=192.168.1.5 comment=User1
/ip firewall address-list add list=Restrited-users address=192.168.1.15 comment=User2
Once you create the address list you will have to create the filter rules...let's say you just want them to use internet from Monday through Thursday from 9 am to 7 pm
/ip firewall filter add action=accept chain=forward comment="Allow Traffic from restricted users at different hours" disabled=no src-address-list=Restricted-users time=9h-17h,mon,tue,wed,thu
/ip firewall filter add chain=forward src-address=192.168.1.0/24 action=drop comment="deny everything else from the network"
With those two lines you will accept traffic from your address list in those hours and deny everything that is not under that list, if you have other customers you will have to create some rules to accept them before you deny the entire network..

hope that's clear enough
Oh andrescamino
dear
thats really clear ,I'll config my RB and tell you what the result

again many thanks for you
regards

q1gzn
Topic Author

Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:17 am

Dear andrescamino
well :(
there is problem i have DHCP server and its activated . the problem is not the DHCP ,its there are users i want them work 24 Hr and 7 days weekly ,so the rule will disable every ip just those add in address list
i appreciate your support andrescamino
thanks

andrescamino
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:58 pm

If all of your clients receive via DHCP, what you can do is to make the clients that u want to restrict to get the same Ip address by a Static Lease on the dhcp server...you can add those address to an address list like the one we have done it before and create the rule...

To avoid the problem of allowing the other customers 24/7 you can create another rule in your firewall like this
/ip firewall filter add chain=forward src-address-list=!Restricted-users action=accept 
So you see that the first rule has to be the one that accept everyone who is not in the list, the second one will allow the restricted users to permit traffic in diferent hours...and the third wll drop the connections of the restricted users at different hours....or maybe you can just try with this modification to your actual rules
/ip firewall filter add chain=forward src-address-list=Restricted-users action=drop comment="deny everything else from the network"
this one doesn't block the traffic to the whole network but just the restricted users if they are not accepted in the first rule...

hope that helps

q1gzn
Topic Author

Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:20 pm

its clear and work properly
thank you very much

MICPROF
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:41 pm

Dear All,

Kindly, thank you for this is configuration , but i make profile and this is profile in schedule :
add comment="" disabled=no interval=1d name="Disable User" on-event="/ip hotpo\
    t user disable [find \\ \r\
    \nprofile=\"128-Hr\"] \r\
    \n:delay 5 \r\
    \n:foreach i in=[/ip hotspot user find disabled=yes] do={/ip hotspot activ\
    e remove [find user=[/ip hotspot user get \$i name]]}" policy=\
    reboot,read,write,policy,test,password,sniff,sensitive start-date=\
    jan/17/2011 start-time=08:00:00
add comment="" disabled=no interval=1d name="Enable User" on-event=\
    "/ip hotspot user enable [find \\ \r\
    \nprofile=\"128-Hr\"]" policy=\
    reboot,read,write,policy,test,password,sniff,sensitive start-date=\
    jan/17/2011 start-time=14:00:0
work this is schedule OKi no problem, as well as i need work this schedule all days Except Friday and Saturday, this time does not apply to them.

Please help me if possible ... , I will wait your response on this issue.

Thank you

MICPROF
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:56 pm

Dear All,

Please any update about that , coz at this days this profile not work good ..

MICPROF
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:33 pm

please help me about this script coz nit work all client work at time disable , please help me and give me script work good , coz i have 100 client's i need to make time nightly free from 12pm to 6am , so i need good script for that ..

MICPROF
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:25 pm

Hello ,

Im got the solve for this issue !!!

1- add profile name 12Hours ,
2-add script name Run , Source: /ip hotspot user profile set 12Hours rate-limit="200k/200k" work .
3-add script name:Stop, Source: /ip hotspot user profile set 12Hours rate-limit="0k/0k" not work .
4-add schu name:Enable, Time:23:59:59, Event:Run
5-add schu name:Disable, Time:11:59:59, Event:Stop.

Will work Good ,,,,

Thank you my friends ...

Done Closing This Subject.