Community discussions

MikroTik App

easyyu
Topic Author

How to disable DHCP server from Wifi ISP wich use PPPOE?

Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:53 am

I have a next situation:
Have a 2 interface OUT and IN.
Out interface is connected to switch and setup a DHCP server with pool:10.10.10.1-10.10.10.9
The IP address of OUT interface is 10.10.10.10, and DHCP working very well.
Now, I have a extern AP wich is setup like a client and connected to my wifi ISP. That AP is conected to IN interface.
My wifi use a PPPOE protocol for connecting and have a DHCP server.
I made a DHCP client for IN interface and it give me a IP adress for IN interface. That is 192.168.20.1-192.168.20.x
What I want is that every PC from swich to be able to connect to a wifi ISP from PC with PPPOE.

My idea was to make a bridge interface. Then I added 2 interface on port and that is OUT and IN interface.
Now the PPPOE connection from every PC is working, what I wanted, but this IN interface take a control from my local DHCP and giving me a local address from wifi ISP and NOT from my DHCP pool1!

My question is: How to prevent this?
I know that the idea would be in firewall or in NAT bridge but I try lot of combination without success.
Thx.

easyyu
Topic Author

Re: How to disable DHCP server from Wifi ISP wich use PPPOE?

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:32 am

Anyone??

easyyu
Topic Author

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:32 am

Anyone?

easyyu
Topic Author

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:35 am

Anyone?

willtech
just joined

Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:40 am

Let me see if I understand your question correctly.....You want to be able to connect to your WISP on every PC but you want to be able to use your own IP pool. You may have some problems doing this. It will first depend on the number of PPPoE connections your WISP allows you. When you do connect using PPPoE you will always pull an IP from your WISP's IP pool or you will use a static IP if you have one assigned. If you want the PC's on your network to use your local IP pool you will need to set up a PPPoE client on your In interface then use source-nat with masquerade to allow the traffic to flow from one subnet to the other. Below is an excerpt from the wiki and the link to the NAT section of the firewall:

Source NAT

If you want to "hide" the private LAN 192.168.0.0/24 "behind" one address 10.5.8.109 given to you by the ISP, you should use the source network address translation (masquerading) feature of the MikroTik router. The masquerading will change the source IP address and port of the packets originated from the network 192.168.0.0/24 to the address 10.5.8.109 of the router when the packet is routed through it.

To use masquerading, a source NAT rule with action 'masquerade' should be added to the firewall configuration:

/ip firewall nat add chain=srcnat action=masquerade out-interface=Public

All outgoing connections from the network 192.168.0.0/24 will have source address 10.5.8.109 of the router and source port above 1024. No access from the Internet will be possible to the Local addresses. If you want to allow connections to the server on the local network, you should use destination Network Address Translation (NAT).

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:IP/Firewall/NAT

Hope this helps.