Community discussions

MikroTik App

elkif
just joined
Topic Author

VPN not passing through

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:26 am

I am certian this is me just not knowing what I am doing. If this has been covered in a previous post please point me in that direction.

I am trying to use my Mikrotik RB750 to connect to my office vpn (pptp l2tp or sstp take your pick). The router connects fine and is able to ping the remote network.

My machine on the network is unable to connect to the remote netowork. I added the route statement of "dst-address="10.42.1.0/24 gateway=10.42.1.1" and that works just like I would expect it too... Not at all. I know there is either a firewall rule or a route statement that will pass the traffic through to the remote network. I am just so new at this I am not sure what I am missing. Any help would be appreciated.

littlebill
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: VPN not passing through

Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:24 am

I am certian this is me just not knowing what I am doing. If this has been covered in a previous post please point me in that direction.

I am trying to use my Mikrotik RB750 to connect to my office vpn (pptp l2tp or sstp take your pick). The router connects fine and is able to ping the remote network.

My machine on the network is unable to connect to the remote netowork. I added the route statement of "dst-address="10.42.1.0/24 gateway=10.42.1.1" and that works just like I would expect it too... Not at all. I know there is either a firewall rule or a route statement that will pass the traffic through to the remote network. I am just so new at this I am not sure what I am missing. Any help would be appreciated.

can you ping everything on the network from the terminal on the mt itself? i can't get past the pptp server

your issue might be this

ip firewall
nat
add rule

srcnt

out interface your pptp connection

action should be set to masquare

reconnect to pptp.

lan side of the mikrotik should be able to ping