Community discussions

MikroTik App

tonyzeoli
just joined
Topic Author

Newbie needs help or step by step tutorial with Hotspot

Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:00 am

Hi everyone:

I am a complete newbie at this wireless hotspot thing. A client of ours has set up a wireless hotspot in New York City and we need to:

1. Customize the HOTSPOT/login.html page
2. Name the HOTSPOT: WIREDHOODS
3. Ensure that when the user selects WIREHOODS as their wi-fi access point, that we return the login at 206.217.105.94/hotspot/login.html.
4. Ensure that once the user adds the user name and password, that 206.217.105.94/hotspot/login.html resolves to eastharlem.wiredhoods.com.

I have winbox.exe set up and accessing the IP address listed above. We can access the login.html, but for some reason, we cannot modify it to add our CSS and custom images.

I have run into various web tutorials on how to set up the hotspot via the command line or via winbox, but all seem to be tied to their specific use cases for each company, who have their own custom settings.

I need a step by step tutorial for a novice on making sure we can modify the pages and upload them via FTP. Is there a setting in winbox that will allow me to modify those pages?

Any help you could give or tutorials you can point me to would be great. Thanks.

Tony Zeoli
Digital Strategy Works

routik
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Newbie needs help or step by step tutorial with Hotspot

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:41 pm

See the attaached document, it might be of great help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tonyzeoli
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:39 am

Thanks for this. The vendor already set up the hotpsot. We're trying to modify the HTML files in the hotspot folder, but when we do, the modifications do not appear on upload via FTP. Is there some restriction that takes place that does not allow certain users to modify files? I mean, we're logged in to the router and everything. It's odd that we can't modify the HTML.

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:45 am

Look at the permissions the group has that the user belongs to.
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Ro ... Properties

If you're unsure it might be best to check with the vendor that is administrating your router.