Community discussions

MikroTik App

dragon2611
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Policy based routing with PPPoE

Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:54 pm

Having a bit of fun with Setting up Policy based routing.

I have 2 ISP's and I want certain computers to get routed over the 2nd ISP.

ISP1 Is a static IP connection on ETH1 provided by A bridged DSL modem, this is my system default router
ISP2 is PPPoE from a bridged DSL modem on ETH2.

Whilst the ISP2 provided IP is static the default gateway IP can change on Reconnect meaning a static route tends to be useless.

If I set the option to automatically add a default route on PPP connect that of course adds the correct route for the session however the problem then is that it overrides my main route, I really only want this route to be used by certian machines (PBR) and maybe as a backup if the primary connection dies.

I did think of having ISP2 as the default and then Tagging everything that's NOT on an address list for ISP1 but I seem to manage to break my NAT translation on ISP1 when i do this.

dragon2611
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Policy based routing with PPPoE

Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:10 pm

Ok seems to be working at the moment with the route set to use the interface rather than an IP address.

The only problem i'm having currently is I can't ping my 2nd Interface from the internet when the primary Interface is also online.

I think it's trying to reply via the other ISP :-/

Edit: fixed it with a routing rule that route marks anything with the source address belonging to that connection