Community discussions

MikroTik App

stlbb
just joined
Topic Author

Newbie with issues

Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:38 pm

:(

So we decided to change out our network from Trango to UBNT and using Ubiquitik links. We have had all kinds of trouble, but most of it was because I am not familiar with these radios. As well as the folks that I thought were familiar with them that were to put it together, clearly were not. Radios that were labled as one link, we find are actually a part of another link because the MAC addresses do not match.

The radios have the firmware version 5.5 on them. When we try to get into them via Winbox I get this error:
Could not get routeros.dll

I would probably assume that means there is corrupt software on the radio. Is there an easy fix to this or do I have to physically attach to the radio via ethernet and reinstall the software?

Thanks so much for your help. This is truly frustrating.

siscom
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Newbie with issues

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:59 pm

Hi,

If you are using Ubiquiti gear, you are on the wrong forum :?

Winbox only works with ROS (Router OS) which runs on Mikrotik Routerboards and some PC variants.

You are referring to Ubiquiti's AirOS and most of the members here use Mikrotik gear or Mikrotik routers and other radio gear but you are better off going to UBNT's forum for help on this.

Rgds,
Mark.

stlbb
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:40 am

No actually it is the Ubiquiti. It is a Ubiquity radio with a Mikrotik router board.

http://www.balticnetworks.com/mikrotik- ... range.html

siscom
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:15 pm

Hi,

I've actually used what you are pointing to (UBTik). The only part of that kit that is from Ubiquiti is actually only the antenna, the rest is the enclosure by Baltic and the routerboard AND the radio by Mikrotik.

So all the active stuff is Mikrotik and you should be able to reach it via Winbox. Are you trying to reach by MAC address or via IP address?

Make sure you are on the same network as that of the routerboard. If you do not know what the guys programmed in, connect directly from a PC or notebook with a straight or crossed cable and see if that works.

If not, you might need to reinstall the boards via net install but i doubt all your units have a faulty image. If that is really the case, you can search on this forum for your error and take it from there.

Rgds,
Mark.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:48 am

Could not get routeros.dll
try from another laptop. also try to reinstall it with netinstall, but you will have to open that box to get netinstall started.

stlbb
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:48 pm

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions.

I tried to work on it yesterday but when I connect with a straight or cross-over through Winbox, either via IP or MAC, it either lets me in for a short time or not, and then disconnects. I have six of these radios and am having the same issues on all radios.

stlbb
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:49 pm

Is there some type of tutorial on Winbox/MT access and suggested settings? That would help tremendously! The documentation I am finding is sparse and does no really discuss the radio settings.

Thanks again.

siscom
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:56 pm

Hi,

According to the link you sent above, the unit contains -

----
UBTik™ Includes:
- NEMA 4 Outdoor Sealed Enclosure, made in the USA
- MikroTik RouterBOARD RB/411AH with 680MHz Atheros Processor
----

You should be able to access the unit (if it actually contains the RB411AH) via the serial port - have you tried this? If that works, then you can at least get the configuration out and see what is going on.

Serial port/cable info - http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Sy ... al_Console

Rgds,
Mark

stlbb
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:47 pm

Hi,

According to the link you sent above, the unit contains -

----
UBTik™ Includes:
- NEMA 4 Outdoor Sealed Enclosure, made in the USA
- MikroTik RouterBOARD RB/411AH with 680MHz Atheros Processor
----

You should be able to access the unit (if it actually contains the RB411AH) via the serial port - have you tried this? If that works, then you can at least get the configuration out and see what is going on.

Serial port/cable info - http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Sy ... al_Console

Rgds,
Mark
No, I have not tried this, as they have already been mounted on towers and high rises. But I can get to some of the high rises and will give that a try this weekend.

stlbb
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:16 pm

Is there any tutorial out there on Winbox and radio settings?