MikroTik App

dunga
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

HOW TO USE MT TO RUN A HIGH POWER WISP

Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:08 am

hello all,
I am faced with the option to setup a wireless ISP with Mikrotik router board 433. This is what they want.

1. To use the Mikrotik to assign a bandwidth to each ip address on the wireless (assigning I assign the wlan ip address range of 172.16.10.1/24 range, so that if i give a client say, 172.16.10.20, i will give the client bandwidth of 128k/256k etc. uninterrupted

2. To setup a local users so that each ip on the dhcp will have the same bandwidth usage so that no user pulls more than others. Assuming the lan on dhcp is assigned like 128k/256k, so that when one ip is browsing the internet, when he request maybe to download, others will not be affected,such a way that if 10users are online at the same time, one user will not take all the assigned bandwidth to that site/range of ip on that subnet.

Please i have limited time to achieve this and your help will be appreciated

Thanks

killersoft
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: HOW TO USE MT TO RUN A HIGH POWER WISP

Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:48 am

dunga
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:27 pm

Thanks,
This did not explain in details what i want. I want a detailed setup

netrat

Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:29 pm

If you want a detailed setup then hire a Mikrotik consultant.
http://www.mikrotik.com/consultants.html

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:28 am

If each client has his own antenna than this antenna can be dhcp-client and you just assign his bandwith in the AP. If client now use more PC's he has to share his assigned speeds since the CPE (=client unit) is the one having the limit (set in AP).
If you set this CPE as router and with masquerade nat on local lan side customer can use a switch and connect as many PC's he want. He only get in total the speed you sell him.

If that CPE now has to serve several client most easy way to do:
Set the CPE in full bridge mode. I.e. set AP with wds enabled.
Set CPE as station-wds mode and make a bridge that has both the wlan and the lan in the bridge.
Now each connected PC (via a switch you can connect several ones) get its own IP and in AP you can than per IP set speed limits.

Its all possible, but you need to read a bit in the manual and forum or hire a consultant that does do the job for you.

rahulmkhj
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:59 pm

hello all,
I am faced with the option to setup a wireless ISP with Mikrotik router board 433. This is what they want.

1. To use the Mikrotik to assign a bandwidth to each ip address on the wireless (assigning I assign the wlan ip address range of 172.16.10.1/24 range, so that if i give a client say, 172.16.10.20, i will give the client bandwidth of 128k/256k etc. uninterrupted

2. To setup a local users so that each ip on the dhcp will have the same bandwidth usage so that no user pulls more than others. Assuming the lan on dhcp is assigned like 128k/256k, so that when one ip is browsing the internet, when he request maybe to download, others will not be affected,such a way that if 10users are online at the same time, one user will not take all the assigned bandwidth to that site/range of ip on that subnet.

Please i have limited time to achieve this and your help will be appreciated

Thanks
Check this: accessmanager.in / Do not require any new hardware installations. Only requires one Mikrotik with Hotspot compatibility with one Static/Public IP on its WAN Interface. I hope you'll like this.