Community discussions

MikroTik App

onlysuraj
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

configure dual wan on 450g that work simultenously???

Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:16 pm

good afternoon
my question is i am configuring two wan link on mikrotik 450g router.both isp provided me public ip and lan pool. for example wan1 10.0.0.10/30 and with lan pool 10.0.10.90 to 100/24. And 2nd isp gave me the wan ip 172.16.0.10/30 with lan pool 172.16.0.70 to 84/24.after creating interfaces for wan link (wan1 and wan2).
Now one port of mikrotik 450 goes to my linux server that hold my user database. ( i submitted the image of my network diagram ).

at first i configure the mikrotik router with two wan ip and now one link goes to the server.
what ip will i assign on that port, that goes to the server.

what ip address i will i use on ether3(mt 450) besause both link will be used. wan1 for corporate and wan2 for home client. so what should i do for that (there is no need for natting on mt router because after server (where my 10.210.2.0/24 network start )i use natting for local network.

i hope this is sufficient to understand
i just want to know what ip address i will assign from mt router to linux server

then after i have to add route gateway
mangle
and all the configuration.

plz give me a help ??
this will be great help :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

onlysuraj
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: configure dual wan on 450g that work simultenously???

Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:36 pm

good afternoon
my question is i am configuring two wan link on mikrotik 450g router.both isp provided me public ip and lan pool. for example wan1 10.0.0.10/30 and with lan pool 10.0.10.90 to 100/24. And 2nd isp gave me the wan ip 172.16.0.10/30 with lan pool 172.16.0.70 to 84/24.after creating interfaces for wan link (wan1 and wan2).
Now one port of mikrotik 450 goes to my linux server that hold my user database. ( i submitted the image of my network diagram ).

at first i configure the mikrotik router with two wan ip and now one link goes to the server.

what ip address i will i use on ether3(mt 450) besause both link will be used. wan1 for corporate and wan2 for home client. so what should i do for that (there is no need for natting on mt router because after server (where my 10.210.2.0/24 network start )i use natting for local network.

i just want to know what ip address i will assign from mt router to linux server

mangle

plz give me a help ??

i want it with standard routing and not doing any natting ????? i red all the wiki but there is no example found on this topics??

kindly suggest me

thanks and regard
suraj kumar

onlysuraj
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:22 pm

good afternoon

mangle

plz give me a help ??

i want it with standard routing and not doing any natting ????? i red all the wiki but there is no example found on this topics??

kindly suggest me

thanks and regardsa
suraj kumar
help me anyone ???

normis, fevi any comment plzzzzzzzzz

stenlyto
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:07 pm

It took me 10 min, just to understand how your brain developed ur IDEA, and how the Hell do you imagine to do what u wanna do!
Hah... there is a solution to your problem, BUT its not gonna follow your plans :)

If you dont want to use NAT, start reading about BGP (Border Gate Protocol)..... and hope ur ISP is willing to make ur dream come true :)

" for example wan1 10.0.0.10/30 and with lan pool 10.0.10.90 to 100/24. And 2nd isp gave me the wan ip 172.16.0.10/30 with lan pool 172.16.0.70 to 84/24 "
Please, I really wanna kn... how and IP pool could be "10.0.10.90 to 100/24 or 172.16.0.70 to 84/24" Actually what is that!? Learn how to write properly!!!
Dont tell me you are dealing with NETWORKS!
Please tell me you are an accountant or something like that and now you're just helping your boss or a friend to figure his/her network out.

stenlyto
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:29 pm

So much with my Arrogance!

1. Why do u need an IP pool for a network between ur Mk and ur Linux ?
2. Why do u need two IP pools for that, as well? :)

Just put the first provided IP address on ether1, the second on ether2....
Put 192.168.0.1/30 on ether3 and 192.168.0.2/30 on ur linux
and do fail over on the Mk....
Thats it !
If u use ur Linux as a public server do some redirects and job done!

and please define "simultaneously", What exactly do you mean ?

onlysuraj
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:20 pm

So much with my Arrogance!

1. Why do u need an IP pool for a network between ur Mk and ur Linux ?
2. Why do u need two IP pools for that, as well? :)

Just put the first provided IP address on ether1, the second on ether2....
Put 192.168.0.1/30 on ether3 and 192.168.0.2/30 on ur linux
and do fail over on the Mk....
Thats it !
If u use ur Linux as a public server do some redirects and job done!

and please define "simultaneously", What exactly do you mean ?
thanks for your replying dear :D
and i tried to give a rough idea of my network. i know what is subnet and subnetting i was just giving what i want do.
wan pool ip 210.18.47.xxx/29 first wan pool (eth1)
second isp wan pool 59.145.221.xxx/30 (eth2)
now eth3 will go to server (as you told me eth3 ip 192.168.0.2/30 and servr ip 192.168.0.3/30)
and now suppose if i required live ip and isp give me new ip pool from 210.18.95.xxx/24.then how i will configure it on mt router.(because there are so many client that uses public ip. so that i was asking for two lan pool (that are provided by those isp ).

and also want to maintain this both link one is 10Mbits and second is 5Mbits
both of line will be used at same time (some of our high bandwidth client uses one wan link and other common home users will be on other link

that 's all what i want to use???
kindly tell me different approch to complete tha task ????

stenlyto
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:52 pm

Pf...
IS there a anything between Mk and ur Linux? or just a cable connection ?

onlysuraj
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:12 pm

Pf...
IS there a anything between Mk and ur Linux? or just a cable connection ?
at first i want to say thanks for your reply.
ehter3 direct connected to linux server with cable.

actually at pressent my current setup is same as i maintained in the image but the difference is router that i am using currently is maipu and now i will use mt 450g router.

but in mt router there are so much rule i have to configure on the router. and ifi follow the wiki then it is in simple configuration. ex: 2 wan link and one natted output 192.168.0.1 (ether3).

plz see image
and both link will be used (not like that one link goes down then another link will work )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stenlyto
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:40 pm

this could never happen! what U can do is to put the public IPs on the Mk on ether1 and ether2, and configure a network between Mk and Linux and NAT the network! Then on Mk do fail-over or load-balancing. If you get 5mbps from ISP1 and 10 mbps from ISP2 you can NOT get 15 mbps at the end.....

"U could if you do bonding or link aggregation!" but this is something completely different and not usable for your case.

JUST KNOW that u can NOT get 15 mbps at the end!

What you can do is to use ISP1 for some connections and ISP2 for the others (Load-Balancing)
OR you can use ISP2 if ISP1 is not reachable! (Fail-Over)....

What would be problem to use NAT after NAT ? its OK!

ISP1 \............................................................................/ users
.........Mk - Private network (NAT) - Linux - Private network (NAT) SW
ISP2 /............................................................................\ users

There is a better idea to remove the 2nd NAT, but Im not sure if you can do it, so use This one!
I would say that Fail-over on Mk will be easier to be configured on Mk, so dont go to Load-balancing! Its nightmare!!!

onlysuraj
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:10 pm

this could never happen! what U can do is to put the public IPs on the Mk on ether1 and ether2, and configure a network between Mk and Linux and NAT the network! Then on Mk do fail-over or load-balancing. If you get 5mbps from ISP1 and 10 mbps from ISP2 you can NOT get 15 mbps at the end.....

"U could if you do bonding or link aggregation!" but this is something completely different and not usable for your case.

JUST KNOW that u can NOT get 15 mbps at the end!

What you can do is to use ISP1 for some connections and ISP2 for the others (Load-Balancing)
OR you can use ISP2 if ISP1 is not reachable! (Fail-Over)....

What would be problem to use NAT after NAT ? its OK!

ISP1 \............................................................................/ users
.........Mk - Private network (NAT) - Linux - Private network (NAT) SW
ISP2 /............................................................................\ users

There is a better idea to remove the 2nd NAT, but Im not sure if you can do it, so use This one!
I would say that Fail-over on Mk will be easier to be configured on Mk, so dont go to Load-balancing! Its nightmare!!!
thanx dear fellow thank you so much for your valuable input :)
if i can't bond the link then no problem (because link bonding and aggregation is not possible for me ) one thing that can happen is load balancing.
is this possible to use wan1 link for some coonection and wan2 for another connection.both link comes to mt450 and from mt450 to linux box that contains usermanagement software that is used to control user behaviour then my internal netwok start(10.210.2.0/24)
what should i do for load balancing ??????
and this is not nightmare ( i will keep trying :)
can you give me an example for that ????

m4rk0
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:21 pm

thanx dear fellow thank you so much for your valuable input :)
if i can't bond the link then no problem (because link bonding and aggregation is not possible for me ) one thing that can happen is load balancing.
is this possible to use wan1 link for some coonection and wan2 for another connection.both link comes to mt450 and from mt450 to linux box that contains usermanagement software that is used to control user behaviour then my internal netwok start(10.210.2.0/24)
what should i do for load balancing ??????
and this is not nightmare ( i will keep trying :)
can you give me an example for that ????
Check this out http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Load_Bala ... e_Gateways

stenlyto
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:20 pm

NO!
both link comes to mt450 and from mt450 to linux box
2 connections (WAN) is getting in and ONLY ONE is getting OUT!!! Is it so difficult to understand that?
U cannot make "2 gets in and 2 get out...." U dont need that!
What is that.... r u gonna use Mk450 as a switch or what ? How can u dont kn anything about networks and try doing "dual wan idea' ?
How is this possible I ask?

linux box that contains usermanagement software that is used to control user behaviour
Whats that.... superbox ? Radius server and user management or .... хах, I ran out of options :)
What is this Linux for ?

onlysuraj
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:54 pm

NO!
both link comes to mt450 and from mt450 to linux box
2 connections (WAN) is getting in and ONLY ONE is getting OUT!!! Is it so difficult to understand that?
U cannot make "2 gets in and 2 get out...." U dont need that!
What is that.... r u gonna use Mk450 as a switch or what ? How can u dont kn anything about networks and try doing "dual wan idea' ?
How is this possible I ask?

linux box that contains usermanagement software that is used to control user behaviour
Whats that.... superbox ? Radius server and user management or .... хах, I ran out of options :)
What is this Linux for ?
plz don't angry at me :D
i never said that two wire going out from mt 450 (ONLY ONE is getting OUT) and off course when you are using 450 as load balancing than it should be router. now the thing is what should i do on router for communicating the server(the linux box).

----------|eth1 client1 (10.210.2.5/24 )
2 wan in -mt router(eth3)- -- ------- (eth0)linux box(eth1)10.210.2.0-------switch- -----/
----------|eth2 (one out and \
and goes to client2(10.210.2.10/24)
server ) \
client3
123.123.123.123(public ip for exmaple)

suppose you have purchaged 3 public ip pools
a)111.111.111.111/27
b)43.23.54.22/24
C)125.111.33.2/26
how will you route them through mt router (just tell me the mt router process ,server configuration i will handle that:)

and the simple question is my friend what ip address i will put between mt router and linux box.

1)by policy routing
2)by dst nat

thanks and regards
suraj kumar

stenlyto
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:06 pm

U will never learn :)

U can NOT route them!
Your idea is completely wrong!

the only way to use those 3 networks after your Mk, u have to purchase them from only ONE ISP!
then u have to run BGP on Mikrotik and route them.... but all this will happen with the support of your ISP!

tell me how those 3 networks are delivered to your... ?

onlysuraj
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:02 am

U can NOT route them!

the only way to use those 3 networks after your Mk, u have to purchase them from only ONE ISP!
then u have to run BGP on Mikrotik and route them.... but all this will happen with the support of your ISP!

ok,
if i purchaged 2 public ip pool from one isp then how i will route them between mt 450 and linux(billing server).
and i have no idea about bgp and any other approach ??

link-mt450-linux billing server -switch (and all ip would be the live ip by one isp).

on mt router :-
eth1: 192.168.1.248/30 (wan ip pool)
eth2: 59.145.54.221/27 (i used that ip to connect to my lnux server )

billing server eth0 ip 59.145.54.222/27 from mt 450
and server eth1 conected to switch and all user and access point and users are connected to that switch?

can you tell me an example for that ---
what configuration will be required to connect and route the traffic to wan link

one more thing i want to ask if i want to implement deploy squid (external ) transparent proxy in this scerario then what additional connfiguration will be needed ?/
this will cache all data that is access or used by client ????

thanks you in advance
suraj
[flash=]a4apple.2003@gmail.com[/flash]

onlysuraj
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:34 pm

U can NOT route them!

ok,
if i purchaged 2 public ip pool from one isp then how i will route them between mt 450 and linux(billing server).
and i have no idea about bgp and any other approach ??

link-mt450-linux billing server -switch (and all ip would be the live ip by one isp).

on mt router :-
eth1: 192.168.1.248/30 (wan ip pool)
eth2: 59.145.54.221/27 (i used that ip to connect to my lnux server )

billing server eth0 ip 59.145.54.222/27 from mt 450
and server eth1 conected to switch and all user and access point and users are connected to that switch?

can you tell me an example for that ---
what configuration will be required to connect and route the traffic to wan link

one more thing i want to ask if i want to implement deploy squid (external ) transparent proxy in this scerario then what additional connfiguration will be needed ?/
this will cache all data that is access or used by client ????

thanks you in advance
suraj
[flash=]a4apple.2003@gmail.com[/flash]
i am waiting :?