Community discussions

MikroTik App

arbabnazar
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

how to integrate mikrotik dhcp with Active Directory

Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:05 pm

As the subject stated the purpose of this post, can it possible that i intergrate a mikrotik with windows 2003 AD? where i want to use mikrotik as firewall as well as dhcp server and winodws 2003 server as domain controller as well as dns server.

thanks

arbabnazar
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: how to integrate mikrotik dhcp with Active Directory

Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:47 pm

Any update??? please share your experience

nest
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:13 am

I can't see any problems at all. Just do it. If your set up is "simple" I see no problem. If the server is a domain controller, make sure the scope options are the same as what you would get on the dhcp server on the 2K3 server. I.e. Set DNS scope pointing to the DC server and domain name suffix the same as the server's.

arbabnazar
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:57 am

here is my scenario,

I want that Mikrotik give the ip to may clients (a.k.a act as dhcp server) and then mikrotik will automatically update the DNS records when giving out a new lease to a client computer.

Then I want to create the queue for each user on mikrotik in order to limit the user bandwidth.

then i want to implement all the filtering on mikrotik......

Please tell me, i can achieve this scenario? If yes, please point out me in right direction.

thanks in advance

AnRkey
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:08 pm

I do this for all my 24+/- sites with wan links and all. DHCP is on for each site, AD clients are happy as long as the config is correct.

Here is my dhcp server config on the MT
[admin@core.router] /ip dhcp-server> print detail 
Flags: X - disabled, I - invalid 
 0   name="dhcp1" interface=bridge1-lan lease-time=3d address-pool=dhcp_pool1 bootp-support=static authoritative=after-2sec-delay 
I put my full domain details in so that the DHCP server dishes out all the settings. Like this working example...
[admin@core.router] /ip dhcp-server network> print detail
 0 address=192.168.0.0/24 gateway=192.168.0.1 dns-server=192.168.0.2,192.168.1.2 domain="yourdomain.local" 
I remember doing this too, all I did was use the gui DHCP setup tool. Add the missing bits under network when you are done with the gui.

Hit me with questions if you like.

R

arbabnazar
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:29 am

thanks man, i did the same.........but still i have some questions that i will post soon.