villageworker
Topic Author

OmniTIK U-5HnD system health

Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:44 pm

Two question on my OmniTIK U-5HnD:

1)When I telnet into the OmniTIK U-5HnD and type:

system health print

I get a blank line.

Any ideas on why I am not seeing the temperature and/or voltage?

2) I have set up the LED 1-4 to show wireless signal strength. I never see more than one LED lit up even when my connected device is within a few feet.

Any thought on being able to see signal strength?

Many Thanks

lordkappa
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: OmniTIK U-5HnD system health

Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:36 am

The system health command shows system monitors such as CPU/System temp and/or voltages.

As per the product page, http://routerboard.com/RBOmniTikU-5HnD , this board does not have those sensors built-in.

Connection strengths for each client can be seen under wireless registration. I believe the external LED's only show strength when acting as a client on a network, but I could be wrong.

villageworker
Topic Author

Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:53 am

The system health command shows system monitors such as CPU/System temp and/or voltages.

As per the product page, http://routerboard.com/RBOmniTikU-5HnD , this board does not have those sensors built-in.

Connection strengths for each client can be seen under wireless registration. I believe the external LED's only show strength when acting as a client on a network, but I could be wrong.
Thank you for your reply . I see an inconsistency between the webpage you referred to and the PDF brochure linked to on this same page. In the brochure it states under Extras: Reset switch, Beeper, USB 2.0 port, Voltage monitor, Temperature monitor.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:21 am

I'm sorry about that, the brochure is mistaken. We will correct it.